Past is Dead Pt. II

When she felt him move away she slid down the wall. She finally opened her eyes and looked up. There was a hole in the wall right next to where her head was. She heard his bedroom door slam before she heard running water.

It took him what felt like an hour to come back. Jade watched him terrified of what he might do next. Tyler moved to sit in front of her not even able to make eye contact. He knew he fucked up. What he didn't know was how to fix it.

"I-I got into a fight." He started shakily. "I d-don't know what came over me but I.." He paused trying to come up with what to say next. "I couldn't stop hitting him. I-I don't know what to do Jade. I-I.." She stopped him by pulling him into a hug. His arms hesitantly wrapped around her. "I need your help."

She nodded. Then she pulled away and slapped him hard across the face.

"First things first. If you EVER do that again you will never see me again. Second you need to start talking baba. You've been holding everything in since your dad died. Just talk to me." He nodded his arms wrapping around her even tighter. Slowly he began to break down, his face burying in her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Jadey." He whispered as her fingers moved along his scalp. "I just can't control my anger. I almost got kicked out of the program because of it." He was in a program to fast track him to become a doctor and he was almost finished with it.

"Well baba you definitely don't want that to happen do you?" He shook his head before she kissed his temple. Slowly he moved before standing up with her in his arms. They went to lay on the couch as he cuddled into her. "Why did you get into the fight?" She asked softly.

"Because the asshole said that I wasn't fit to be in the program because I was weak." Jade scoffed causing him to chuckled.

"Well then how about this. You keep this side of you to people that you trust and like. Then when you're at the hospital or away from the people you love you be your determined, aggressive self as long as you don't get into fights." He nodded before kissing her neck.

"I like that idea." He said softly before connecting their lips. When they pulled away she looked into his eyes.

"Just promise me one thing Ty?" He nodded. "No more fighting."

"I promise you Jadey."

Just then she was pulled out of her daydream by Tyler waving his hand in front of her face. He had put Karl down in his bed.

"You alright J?" He asked softly as his arm wrapped around her and pulled her into him. She nodded.

"I'm fine baba. Just thinking about stuff." He gave her a questioning look before she answered what she assumed would be his next question. "I was thinking about you and how you've changed over the years." He smiled and kissed her temple.

"I didn't want to lose you Jadey. That day that I almost hit you I thought I did and nothing scared me more than that. There's no way I'd ever do anything to lose you again." She smiled and quickly connected their lips.

"I'm glad because I love this side of you." He chuckled lightly and kissed her nose. "See. That's what I love." He smiled and moved her into his lap. It was a moment later they heard tiny footsteps coming towards them. Jade picked Karl up so he could cuddle with the both of them.

His head moved to rest on his fathers chest just as Jade did the same. Tyler gently squeezed them both.

"Sleep well baba?" He asked softly earning a nod. "Why don't we all do something tonight?" Jade and Karl both looked up at him. "We could go to the park?" Karl shook his head.

"The movie theater?" He shook his head at his mothers words.

"Bowling?" Karl once again shook his head. "Well what do you want to do then baba?" He asked softly before Karl looked up at him.

"Can we go to the match tonight?" Jade looked up at Tyler pouting just like Karl was.
The older man nodded. Then Karl thought about another thing. "Can we get a cat?" Jade kissed the top of his head before shaking hers.

"Love your dad and I are allergic to cats." He groaned before nodding. "But we will get tickets for the match right now." She said with a smile. Karl wiggled from her lap before looking at the both of them.

"Can we go play outside?" They looked at each other before nodding knowing no harm could be done by it. While they were gone they hired a contractor to install a large fence to keep any prying eyes out.

Karl smiled happily before leaving the house. Jade was about to get up when Tyler pulled her into him.

"I love you." He whispered softly. She smiled and looked up at him. His eyes were filled with passion. His fingers gently ghosted across her cheek before she leaned closer to him. Her breath hit his lips before he closed the distance.

When they heard screaming they both ran.