chapter 29

Akeem POV

I ran into the doctor's room.

"Help me she's dying!" I said.

"What happened?" the doctor asks running to me.

"We where attack .they stabbed her in her sides and she hit her head in a tree."

"Okay put her down on the operating table right away."

My wolf didn't want to release her. His mate is hurt and he just wants to hold her to himself until she is better but I knew better. It took all the control I had to put her down.

"You need to leave." the doctor said.

I could hardly put her down and now he wants me to leave her that's not going to happen.

"We need to do our job and all you're going to do is get in our way."

"No, I'm not leaving."

"Okay stay then alpha," he said.

He lifts up the already torn clothes.  To see her stab but my wolf hated to see someone else touch his mate.I let out a warning growl. The doctor stopped touching her.

"That is what I'm talking," he said.

My brother walked in.

"You need to leave your possessiveness is only going to get in the doctors' way."

An animalistic growl escaped my mouth.

"You guys can come in," my brother said to someone outside.

Three of my strongest pack members enter the room.

"What we are going to do is for your own good, "my brother said.

All four of them run towards me and I growl no one is going to keep me from my mate. The first one to try to pin me I send him flying and the other two too but I didn't notice my brother until I was lying on the ground.

"Hurry I can't hold him down forever." my brother shouted to the other three as I struggled to get back up. The three men got up quickly and they also helped to pin me. I was lifted in the air. my hands were still being held by two and my feet by two other and I was lifted out the room.

I was lifted into a room where we questioned our enemies. I was placed in a chair my hands were clamped down with silver chain. I struggled and growl to get free.

"I'm sorry but it's for your mate's best and yours," Samuel said.

I struggled for hours to get out but each attempted just left my hands and feet to get rawer from the burning of my flesh from the sliver.

The doctor entered the room two hours after.

"we tried everything but she's not healing she has a broken spin a fractured skull and four broken ribs we sowed the holes in her side but she's still not healing we have her on life support now."

"Are you sure nothing else can be done?"

I did one of my attempts to escape again but failed.

"I need to see her please," I begged.

"I think since maybe because she holds another man's mark and she's so far away from him it weaken her wolf and her wolf is what makes her heal."

"So what you're trying to say?"

"He needs to mark her and if everything goes well she'll be okay."

"What do you mean, 'if'?"

"The mark of a mate brings changes to the body and now her body is too weak to fulfill the changes."

"So without the mark, she is going to die but with it, she can still die?"

"Yes, but I can give her something to slow down the changes until she is a little stronger."

"You hear that brother? You need mark your mate."

He walked over to me and let me go. Got up my feet and hands burn like hell but I ignored them.

"I prefer to take the chance am not going to make her die."

"Okay let's go."

The doctor brought me to her. My little mate was hooked up to the machine I looked at her and my heart cried that I couldn't protect her. What kind of mate am I?

"Do it now there is no time to waste."

I walked up to my mate. Her scent filled my nose and it made me feel worst. I sat down on the bed beside her. I touched her cheek. I moved away her hair revealing her neck. I hated to see someone else mark on her and I wanted to put my own but I wanted to do it when we're making love, not like this. My teeth extended.

Marking a mate is very intimate and should be done in the privacy of a room, not in front of someone.

"Can you please leave?" I asked the doctor.

"No, I can't as the marking is done I need to work on her so she won't die."

I guess I have to do it in front of him.

I waste no more time. My teeth pierce throw her soft skin. Her sweet blood filled my mouth but I know better than to take any blood from her when she was in this state. I quickly pulled out and sealed the mark my licking away the blood.

I pulled away and her body began to violently shake.

"The change is happening."

He ran up to her with a huge needle in his hand. He stabbed her right in the middle of her chess. I growled out and I was ready to attack when I was pulled out by a strong arm and back into the room I left. I was chained again but this time I didn't fight it.

Shortly the doctor came back in.

"She is going to be okay she is healing."