Chapter 40

Akeem POV

We found the head quarters of the enemy. We caught them by surprise and killed all of them. Now I'm able to go home to my mate. I had days to think about my mate. She's right if anyone can protect her is me. I know I have made mistakes but I have learnt from them and now I'll do anything for her.

I'm leaving tomorrow early just one last night without my beautiful mate beside me. I took up my phone so I can make a call back home to her .her phone rang put no answer I called again and again and no answer. My wolf became restless something was wrong. So I called my brother. When I thought I was going to end he answered.

"Hello,"

"He Samuel I can't get Kelly on her phone my wolf is getting a little on easy,"

A long pause sounded from the other side.

"Hello is everything okay?"

"yes." my brother said fast.

"You sound suspicious what are you hiding?" I asked thinking of the worst .what if they have Kelly.

"Nothing if I was you would know." he said smoothly. Maybe I'm imagining everything.

"Why isn't Kelly answering her phone?"

"I. thinks she is .... Sleeping she wasn't feeling so good before."

"She's sick?"

"Yes,"

"Okay did she see the doctor?"

"Yes he told her to take a lot of rest."

"Okay. I'll be home tomorrow to help nurse her back to health," I said and hanging up.

I woke up early for my flight. I wanted to surprise Kelly so I didn't call again.

The flight was short and I was happy about that. I was picked up by some guards. . The ride was short but it felt like a life time. I wanted to see Kelly so bad. I want to hold her in my arm and make love to her; I want to tell her how sorry I was with all the things I did before I leave. I just want her in my arm.

I realize as we drove through the pack. The place looked empty. Maybe they're going to celebrate my coming back.

We pulled in front of the pack I saw my brother and his mate but I didn't see Kelly. Where she is why is she not here.

I came out the car and approached my brother.

"Welcome back."

"Thank you. But where is Kelly?"

"I think it's better if we go in."

"I'm not going anywhere. Where is my mate?" I growled out.

"She was taken yesterday."

My heart tightens and it became harder to breath.

"Who was she taken by?" I asked while my head was spinning my worst nightmare happened.

"Jason."

My eyes widen.

The spinning and the tighten stop but was replaced with anger.

I grabbed my bother by his neck.

"You made me call him to protect her and he was the one that took her." I growled out. My brother struggled to get out my hold.

"Akeem stop please." Julia cried out but I didn't listen I really didn't care I wanted my mate and now she's gone.

"Julia tried to get my hand from around his neck." but I hit her with my other hand she flied into the was beside us and fell on the ground.

My brother eyes turned red with anger but I could careless he has his mate and mine is gone. He kicked me in my belly that causes me to let go of him. He then attacked me. I dogged and slam him on the ground. I didn't care who he was at that point. I just wanted to see and taste blood.

I punched him over and over again.

"Akeem please stop your killing him." Julia shouted.

I looked down to see my brother in a bloody mess. I stepped away shocked of what I did.

Julia ran to his side crying.

"He didn't know that Jason was working with the demon counsel." she shouted with her tears socked cheek.

"What do you mean Jason I working with the demon counsel.

"The demon counsel attacked us the same time that Jason kidnapped Kelly. I was knocked out." I growled out.

I turned around and transform to my wolf and ran. I need my head clear so I can start make plans to get her back.