Face the World

I couldn't even tell which one of them said that. I was burning with annoyance and was enraged at the way that I was all of a sudden my opinion didn't matter. All my life they have treated me like I was of their level and now they do this?

"Do you truly want to do this?"

"Yes." They all said at once.

"Then fight me." They looked at me like I was from another planet. "You have always told me to fight for what I believe in. Fight me and I will prove that I can defend myself and I will never need a man even if in the end I will have one anyway."

"I will not fight you but I will be the one to guard you tonight," Jakub said.

As soon as he stopped speaking I kicked my leg behind his leg and pulled forward on my leg while pushing him backward, making him fall on his back. "What a pity considering that this will not be much of a challenge for me to win then."

He looked at me with the hot coals of anger burning brightly in his eyes but not even close to the anger burning in my heart. He lunged at me as I easily sidestepped his attack, never taking my eyes off of him. My heart was beating fast and I was sure that my panic of the moment was written on my face. These were my brothers.

Then he lunged at me again but I was distracted by my thoughts, pushing me to the ground. (I was in my nightgown but luckily my maid who I am close friends with had made me night pants knowing that I practice wrestling with my brothers.) I kicked him in the stomach. When that didn't get him off I clawed him in the face. He let loose a scream of rage and jumped back. I jumped on his back grabbed his left leg and right arm and pulled. He was struggling to get out of this hold but the more he struggled the further I pulled on his arm and leg.

"I give in I give in!"

I released him but grabbed his arm once he was standing and threw him into the wall.

"What was that for?"

"So you don't get any ideas."

He walked back to Mic and John and whispered something to them. Stay on guard you have no clue what he has just told them, I said to myself as Mic walked over.

"Are you going from youngest to oldest?" All of a sudden Jakub fell to the ground with a scream and a sickly thump. I took my eyes off Mic and looked at him. Something red was pooling around him. I screamed then Mic was upon me. The whole time we were fighting I was thinking about how I needed to get to Jakub and why wouldn't Mic stop fighting me so I could get to him. I was scared, angry, and confused when I have those three things inside me, I feel stronger and fight harder. I had Mic on the ground, pulling him by his left leg and right arm all the way to Jakub so I would win and also make sure he was okay. His eyes were open and he was smiling almost shaking with the effort not to laugh.

Beside him, he had a glass of tomato juice that had spilled right beside him. They were trying to find a weakness in me, I realized. I was even angrier than before, which also made me strong and I kicked my brothers as hard as I could.

" My challenge is still to come. You two were near warmups, for I am the youngest of four and have defeated my two older brothers. Shame shall follow you. Now I must go face my final victory."  I admit I was being super dramatic.

As I turned I thought I heard one of them say "your final victory yeah right," but it could have just been a trick of the ears.

"So what happens if I am the only one who wins?"

"You can guard me. It's unlikely that you will beat me on our own, though."

He stopped and looked at my other brothers, then when he turned back around with a big smile on his face. "You need to understand I am not stupid. Do you remember what I have told you my greatest rule was before?"

I looked at him with shock and anger. "That wasn't part of the deal."

"It was never not part of the deal either." My other two brothers followed John as the backup. He always says what isn't originally said no to is still an option. He can always find a loophole.

They circled me. I was facing John then all of a sudden someone was yanking my hair. I screamed. Then I was on my back and John flipped me on my stomach and grabbed my left arm and right leg. Then just as soon as he did it he let me go and helped me up.

"Right now it is just your three brothers fighting you for something so insignificant as guarding you, and you don't want us to. You fight us, unlike any girl would. Girls don't fight, which makes you amazing in our opinion. The world will not see it that way, though. When you fight the world, you must win or you will be forced to be like every other girl."

He stopped and pushed a hair out of my eyes behind my ear.

"No not a girl. Young lady, you can't even be close to a girl anymore."

I felt tears in my eyes. I ran at him in a hug. "Thank you," I whispered. Then Mic and Jakub were hugging us to.

"You won," I said as I backed out of the hug.

"I think you can handle what they throw at you," Mic said. Then they walked to their rooms as I walked into mine. I ran over to them really quickly.

"Could you do me a favor?"

"What now?" Jakub asked.

"Could one of you close the curtain in my room?"