Sister

"I will think about that. Now get out of the room I am getting changed." I say smirking slightly.

"You know I can't do that. If I go into the bathroom then you will just walk out your door and if I stand post you will just jump out the window like you did last time you needed to get out fast." He could obviously tell I was shocked. No one knew I had done that, how did he find out.

"Security cameras," He said as if reading my mind. "The footage was pretty impressive." I rolled my eyes annoyed with all of the security that this place has thanks to yours truly.

"Well, then you are going to have to turn around and close your eyes then," I said smirking at his expression at that.

"But, why can't you just change in the bathroom?"

"Because before you started guarding me against myself this is where I changed and I am not going to change anywhere else just because the prince wants me under twenty four seven surveillance. So turn around and no peeking!" I said with the ghost of a smile playing on my lips as I hear him grumble as he turns around facing the door.

"You have a minute because I feel so stupid."

"You look it too, if that helps."

"Shut up and get changed." He said annoyance soaking every word. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed my undies and my night clothes. Tonight was a warmer night so I picked my shorter shorts. They were comfy and clung to my skin. The shirt I picked was a loose white tank top. It took me more than a minute and I saw James actually start to turn around so I threw my day shirt at his face and screamed at him for a good five minutes after before I tugged on my shirt and told him he could turn around again.

"Good grief girl! What takes so long to pull on some clo- Are you trying to get the prince to kill me!" His eyes raked up and down my body trying to decide what to do next. I sighed as he turned around with his hand on his head. "If you are going to wear shorts that short why wear them at all they look like underwear." He said annoyed and then I looked up from the point on the wall that I had been staring at as he ranted on and on.

"You would love that wouldn't you, but what I wear I wear because no one is supposed to be in my room once it gets dark. No one is ever supposed to see what I choose to wear because they shouldn't be here." I groan and fall into my bed and just stare at the ceiling.

"Mal-"

"No, I am done good night. This is crap." I fix my position and then lay down facing the window and just to help poor James I pulled a sheet over myself.

"I know how your brothers feel," James says sitting on the edge of my bed. "To have their younger sister sold. She was in the same situation as you actually she was fifteen but her birthday was in a month so they put her up early. She didn't want to go and I didn't want to let her go but she was bought by a man who had bought about five other girls. I went to the man's home a few months later just to check up on her, but..." I sit up and turn towards him.

"But, what?"

"He had her whipped to death because she didn't agree with what was happening in the government. The rules about girls. She rebelled against everything just because when she lived with my family I treated her like an equal because I told her that her will could be stronger. She died because of me." I felt myself go white as he spoke.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask quietly.

"Because you need to know that no one will support you that is a guy. I believe that you are right but if you go up against the prince I will stand by him. My second reason is I do want to be your friend and want you to trust me." I looked at his face both of us studying each other.

"Will you tell me the truth?" I asked never looking away from his face.

"Sure, I will never lie to you so shoot." He answered but I swear he tensed slightly.

"How many girls have you bought?"