Luka

Harry asked me several times who Luka was but, I just couldn't. Not now. Not ever. Luka was a part of my past. That is all that needs to be known about him. End of story. Well, Harry didn't think so, and neither did my brothers once he told them about our day during dinner. All except John he has known about him ever since it happened, but he will not tell anyone. I know that even he is afraid of him. That man stops at nothing to get what he wants, I can only hope it is not me. Never me again.

When Harry mentioned Luka I saw John stiffen and I know that Harry did as well but he didn't press John. That was smart John would have told him to mind his own business then glowered at him scaring the bejeebers out of Harry.

"JUST DROP IT!" I scream feeling tears build up in my eyes. My brothers never see me cry. Well, almost never and I can't let them see these tears because the subject will never go away if they do. I push my chair back quickly ignoring the loud echoing screech of the legs against the floor. I quickly turn and run out of the room. The tears had started to fall already and I had just entered the hall. I sprint to my room running into some servants accidentally but not stopping.

Once I had made it to my room I sat in between my bed and the wall and cried, and cried, and cried. The pain flared on my back. A nonexistent pain, the memory of the pain. Source of many nightmares. Someone laid a hand on my shoulder, it was too late to hide the fact that I had been crying so I didn't try. I looked up to find Mic.

"Hey, May May. Are you okay?" I wipe my tears and look up at him. My fun brother, sarcastic, annoying, friendly, rule breaker, strong brother. Never the serious one, that is why I always went to John. I needed someone who could act like an adult.

"No, I am not okay," I say quietly standing up just to sit back down next to Mic on the bed. I felt a whole new wave of tears come and I let them fall, not bothering to make them silent. I curled up into a ball and let Mic hold me. He rubbed my back and whispered to me how everything would be okay, but I know better than that.

"I am afraid Mic," I whisper into his shoulder. He gave a small laugh and I looked up at him.

"You afraid? Ha, the day you are afraid the world should be terrified. Do you know why?" He asked looking into my eyes with a smile.

"No Mic, I don't," I whisper.

"Well because you are the bravest, smartest, strongest, most determined, fearless person, I have ever met. I want you to notice that I didn't say, girl, I said person meaning out of everyone on this earth that I have ever met." I give him a slight smile.

"Who kidnapped Mic and put this serious person in his place? Also not that I don't want you here, but... Why didn't John come?" Mic looked sorta sad once I said that but the emotion vanished as quickly as it had come.

"Well, I know that you told him about this Luka person and about whatever happened whenever it had happened." When I stiffened he gave me a small smile. "Don't worry I am not here to pester you about it again, but John told us not to bug you. Since when do I listen to him about my younger sister." He laughed and I gave a small laugh as well because it was so true.

"Also I know you go to John because he is the oldest, most sensible, and can be serious, but if you ever need those things and John isn't around I am here."

"Yah I do." After that we just sat together he was holding me until I had fallen asleep.

"Melan, get your lazy butt over here now." He said it with the evil calm he always used. "Ever since your bastard mother got caught, your dad seems quite eager to get rid of you, but first he must break you." He took out a sharp wicked looking thing and approached me with it. This wasn't the first time and I knew what that thing did to me.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed lurching forward. I was breathing hard and when I looked up there was a man covered in blood standing over Mic. He looked at me and smiled closing in on me. Terror filled me and I couldn't move, the man picked me up by the scruff of my neck and carried me over Mic's body, so I could see the rest. John, Harry, Jakub, Trice and more.

"I finally know how to break you, and have gotten permission from your father." He takes out the sharp wicked thing from my childhood and he presses it to my arm and cuts along the scar my father had given me.