Chapter 1

The wolves surrounded me as I move closer to the rouge. I growl exposing my kanines. The other wolves back away letting me move closer to the cowering wolf. I growl and the rouge looks at me with wide eyes. I growl again and the wolf's form shimmers and I see a glimpse of a beat up kid. He looks at me and his wolf returns. I latch onto his hind leg making him howl in pain.

The boy turns and looks at me with wide green eyes.

"Please don't kill me." He pleads I shift staring down at the naked boy. My blond hair falling down as I lean down towards the boy.

"Why have you come onto my land?" I growl. The Alpha blood making me get madder than I should be/

"I was sent to give you a message Skye leader of the Moon Runner pack. Daughter of Lukas and Kylan." I move away from the rouge as Adam moves closer to me. I look at my beta and he shakes his head.

"Please. Let me tell you. I'm dead anyway. I was caught." The boy pleads. I look at Adam and he shrugs his shoulder.

"OK."

"Kyle is coming for you Skye. He knows who you are. He knows all about you and he is coming to claim you." I look at Adam and he snarls reaching for the boy. I touch Adam's arm and shake my head.

"He can't." I say.

"He is the King's son he does as he pleases." The rouge looks at me.

"I don't give a flying fuck who he is. The European King has nothing. He has no say on this soil. My dad and mom control this side of the world, and since when does the Prince use rouges as his messenger." I growl. My anger now reaching the surface. I grab the rouge up and sling him across the field. His body slams into a couple dozen trees on his way to the ground. I make my way across the field.

"He thinks because of his title he can do what he wants. I'd like to see him fucking try." I slam his head to the ground. "Tell the Prince he can fucking fly a kite in a storm."

I leave the rouge on the ground and make my way to the pack house. I needed to let dad and mom know about the warning and how we can take measures to protect our people.

"Make sure he leaves my territory." I look at the runners and they all nod.

******

The house is empty everyone is getting ready for the full moon harvest tonight. I make my way to my room and I feel arms wrap around my waist. I lean back and listen to Adam's breathing.

"I'm not going to let him have you." I turn and lay my head in the crook of his neck. He smells so good.

"Adam I thought we decided to stop this." I say I move away from him and look up at his face getting lost in his eyes all over again. They look like the forest when the leaves start turning before they die.

"No you decided. I told you that I loved you and you told me we couldn't do this." He looks at me.

"Adam." I say. "You're going to find your mate and you're going to be happy. I don't want to be the thing to hold you back. I want you to be able to seize the moment. I want you to be able to go and not feel like you owe me something." I move away from Adam. "Please go. I'll see you tonight."

***

I smile as mom and dad stand next to me. The braids mom put in my hair lay entractly along the side of my head. People learned to fear mom and dad. The king won't even cross them. They control the entire western side of the globe. I look out over my people and smile. I am the first Alpha female on this side of the world. I keep my head up and watch as kids and parents look up at me with smiles on their faces. Mom and dad are officially stepping down and handing the pack over to me.

"I'm so proud of you Skye." Dad kisses my head.

"Thank you daddy." I touch my necklace and smile. I bet she is proud.

"You thinking about her hun." Mom ask.

"It's weird. My mom isn't here, but I have you to fill the void." She kisses my cheek. She moves and stands next to dad. Derek looks at me and smiles. I stick my tongue out at him. He laughs and moves closer to Jason.

"Welcome to your throne princess." I shiver slightly at the name and Derek and Jason look at me I smile and act like nothing happened.

We all move away from the balcony and make our way outside to be with the back. The feild looks like something out of a fairytale. Almost like a fairy village I smile and look around at all the lights. I look up and see Adam, Hanna, Kadian and Benjamin all talking in a circle laughing and looking at me. Adam touches Hanna and she smiles. I look at them some more and watch the little hand touches and secret smiles. I move closer to them and the talking stops.

Benjamin pulls me into a huge bear hug and I pretend to gasp for air. Kadian is next he kisses my cheek and as he pulls away I scrunch my face up. Hanna looks at me and smiles.

"About time you got back a year is a long time." I say. I pull her into a hug and she puts her arm around me.

"Have you found your Mate?" I ask. Adam tenses up and looks at the ground.

"Yeah." Adam moves closer to Hanna and puts his arm around her. I smile.

"I'm so happy for you!" I hug the both of them and smile as wide as I can. My heart feels as though it just shattered into a million pieces.

"Let's party guys." I move away from the circle and grab the first cup I grab and chug it.

I dance with a bunch of people and feel my head spinning. I dismiss myself and head for my house. Mom and dad gave it to me on my eighteenth birthday. Its been three years. I open the door and throw my keys on the counter. I make it to the kitchen open the fridge to grab a bottle of water and make my way up the stairs. I hit my foot on the corner of the stair and let out a string of cuss words all the way up the stairs. My room is a mess. I look at the spot me and Adam had been standing in not but four hours ago. I shake my head and close my eyes.

"This is for the best. I knew he was going to find his mate when this started." I shake my head and peel the dress off my body and find a pair of shorts in my drawer and a loose tee shirt. I let my hair out of the braids and let it fall free. I wipe my makeup off my face and lay down on the bed letting darkness surround me.

Hope you like it. Love yall....