Chapter 5

I hang up the phone and lay my head against my desk and breathe in.The feeling of being alone steadily creeping its way in making me feel claustrophobic. My phone starts ringing. I look at it and mom's face flashes across the screen.

"Hey momma."

"Everything OK?" Her voice sounds so tired.

"Nothing we couldn't handle." I say. She laughs and i can hear dad ask for the phone.

"Ill talk to you later. I love you my sweet baby girl." A tear falls down my face and I wipe it away.

'Kaidan got ahold of me earlier. Is everything ok?" He ask.

"We lost a few wolves. I can't. I feel like a fuck up dad. I've only really had the pack for a week. I've already let hunters onto our land." I say as tears now falling freely.

"It's Ok. You are doing fine. It will take time to get ahold of everything. Lean on your friends they are good for you. Don't ever forget that don't retreat like I did. It is so hard to come back from that especially after rouges killed my parents and Kylan's it's hard I know that. It gets so much easier with people you love. Help is on it's way." Dad says.

"I love you I have to go deal with the mess. Have a fun trip see you in a week."

"I love you too Skye." The line goes dead and the tears start. I breath in and hiccup.

I lay back in my chair and look at the ceiling. I hear a knock on the door and Kaidan slips in Ben following not far behind.

"How you holding up?" Ben ask.

"Feel like shit. I don't know what to do and I don't know what to say. You two will be leaving tonight and I'll have to deal with Adam alone" I say.

Kaidan looks at me and he looks at Ben.

"Were not leaving yet Skye." Ben says.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I talked to dad and he wants us to stay by your side till the Prince shows up. Your dad sent a message to the king and he should be here by nightfall." Kaidan says.

"Why would dad do that?" I start to panic. Ben starts laughing and I cut my eyes at him and it makes him laugh harder.

"Why isn't Adam here?" Kaidan ask.

"Him and Hanna are checking on everyone." I say.

"Why are you putting him at a distance?" Ben ask.

"Well when you tell him right before he finds his mate that you can't do it anymore because if you do it will lead to one of you getting hurt and it ends in me getting hurt." I say.

"Sorry I asked." Ben says.

"No I'm sorry i'm on edge I just didn't expect this all to happen today. It's like the moon goddess has crappy timing." I say. Ben and Kaidan look at me like I just grew three more heads.

"You live dangerously little one." Kaidan says.

"Ahh shut up Kaidan."

Alpha

Sam.

We have arrived and the Elders have taken her.

Very well. When you get back we'll do some recon and figure out what the hell we are going to do about this damned Hunter problem.

Roger that Alpha.

I look up at Ben as he plays with the globe on my desk.

"Ok so this hunter issue we have." I say.

"I sent Gabe back to my pack to help figure it out and to add some protection to the pack as we figure this out." Ben says.

"I'm keeping you from your duties. Both of you should already be back home." I say.

"We love you. We aren't going to leave you on your own. It's always been the three of us against the world." Kaidan says.

"Yeah and how many times did you get me in trouble with dad, Michael, and Landon." I say.

"Yes but you equally got us in trouble with Ky, Natalia, and Mom." Kaidan says.

I stick my tongue out and they shake their head out at me.

"My favorite memory of us growing up is when we dared Skye to climb the water tower on Micahel's land and when she gets to the top she takes off her shirt and screams she is queen of the world. Kylan comes running out of the pack house bright red and looks at us and starts yelling. And poor Skye standing there in a sports bra laughing at the two of us getting yelled at." Ben says.

Me and Kaidan are laughing and looking at each other.

"Ok. My favorite is when we were at the huge pack dinner and we were all whispering making fun of Kaidan because he liked Alpha Finn's daughter and they asked what we were whispering about and Ben looks up and is like "Kaidan likes Bailey." Kaidan got really red and Wes looked at Kaidan with daggers and we were all laughing at him" I say.

"Yeah she never talked to me again by the way." Kaidan grumbles.

"we know you let us know every time we have a pack dinner." I say.

"My turn." Kaidan says.

"So when Benny boy first started having these dreams and we were all sitting in the living room at his house for the Alpha meeting and he comes out with this shit all over his hands and is like my dick is broken and Skye spits her milkshake all over me and we both turn and look at you. You poor bastard holing your dick in your hand and Skye red as a damn tomato and your mom trying to hide her face as you look at all of us and then back down." Kaidan laughs. I shake my head smiling at the memory.

"That was traumatic." Ben says.

"Yeah right." Kaidan says.

Ben looks at us red as all get out.

Alpha

Killan.

The Prince is here.

We'll be right there.

"Time to go guys." I say.

"He's here." Kaidan says.

"Lets go be nice host I say." I throw my arms around Ben and Kaidan and steer them out of my office. We make it to the front gate and a man steps out of a black hummer and looks at me.

"Mine."

Well fuck.

******

Hope you are enjoying so far.