Chapter 40

I sit in front of Brent's cell watching him sleep. His whole world about to come crashing down. I hit the button on the wall and the cell floods with white light making Brent jump up. He looks at me and shakes his head emitting a low growl. His eyes flash and he looks away then back at me showing his canines. I growl and he slinks back into the corner whimpering. Brent looks like he has seen hell and been through worse. I pick up the water bottle next to me and throw it in to him. He grabs it and looks at me. 

"She really did turn you." I say. He opens the cap and sniffs the bottle. He tips the bottle back and gulps the water down with haste.

"That bitch killed everyone." He says. Brent looks at me and nothing but sorrow is laced in his eyes. 

"Why leave you there?" I ask. I move the chair a little bit closer to the cell.

"I don't know she was doing all sorts of things. She made me what you are as to put a big finger in my face." Brent says. His heart rate picks up and he looks away from me back at the cell floor.

"Your lying to me Brent." I say. He looks up at me really fast.

"I'm not." His heart rate picks up a little more. He moves closer to the wall.

"Your not telling me something Brent." I say. He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Want to know something about an Alpha that you didn't know." I look at him my canines extending. "We are the strongest yes, but we also have gifts from the goddess she has enhanced mine greatly." I say moving closer to the bars. "I can make you do what I want when I want so if you want to play stupid that is fine. My mom she had a hatred for rouges when she met my dad and I have a strong hatred for lying hunters and it has been a while since I've seen one squirm by my hand." I say.

"I have nothing to say to you." He growls out. I look at him and he moves away from the wall and comes towards the bars.

"We both know that is a lie. You have a lot to say to me. Like I know it is killing you being so close to the person who helped burn your house to the ground. I helped. Hell I did more than help I was the one who lit the match. That was kind of the initation I guess for becoming an Alpha. To get my hands dirty." I say.

"Your lying to me." Brent says. His voice cracking.

"Think Brent I looked at you when you were fleeing." I say.

"I-" He looks at me and lets out a blood curdling scream. He lunges at the bars and screams as the wolfs bane burns against his skin. He yanks away from the bars and looks at me.

"So what do you want to tell me?" I ask.

"Nothing." He yells.

"Tell me what you are hiding from me now!" I yell. He looks at me and screams. "Fighting the command given by an Alpha will only harm you. Do you feel the pain spreading all over your body. The pain in your head the feeling of your body wanting to break down cell by cell. It only gets worse the more you fight it the worse the pain gets." I say.

"What did Margo do to you? What are you not telling me?" I ask again.

"Nothing." Another scream rips through his lips. He falls to the floor and screams at the top of his lungs.

"What did Margo do? What are you not telling me?" I ask again. Brent looks at me with eyes full of pain.

"Margo turned me. She said I would deliver her message." Brent says. He lets out a gasp.

"Don't lie if you don't speak the truth the pain gets worse as well." I say.

"She left me alive because I have a tie to you. She said you would feel the pain I felt. That you are going to know what it feels like to have a loved one ripped from you. She said that she was taking the castle. She knew you would escape from within her walls and take her to Kyle. She said she planned for Kyle to take her back to the palace to have a formal hearing and that you would be to angry to go with him. She plans on taking out the royal family and she has the support to do it." Brent lets out a sigh. 

"Thank you Brent." I stand up and run from the room.

*****

SORRY IM SO SPURADIC.