Chapter 10

I sit at the head of the table listening to the reports of hunters around the areas. Sam and Killian sit on either side of me. Kyle sits at the opposite end of the table listening to everyone talk. His beta Lane jots down notes as we all talk. I can feel Kyle's eyes on me and I squirm in my seat slightly and I can see him smiling. 

 "Ok so we don't know shit." I say.

"No. Not necessarily. We know Brent is the head of the organization and he is fixated on taking you down and putting your head on a pike." Sam says.

 I hear Kyle growl and Sam shakes his head and I smile and shake my head at the boys. 

 "Besides the obvious?" I ask.

 "A picture has surfaced of him." Killian says. He hands me a picture and I drop it.

"Skye." Kyle says.

"Sorry I know him." I say.

Everyone in the room goes quiet and I look at Sam and he looks at the picture and nods.

"Ok your dismissed." I say.

Everyone gets up and leaves Sam stays next to me and we wait until everyone leaves the room.

"How did we not know this was him?" I ask.

"Skye we thought he died in the first attacks with his dad." Sam says.

"Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on." Kyle ask. His voice raising slightly.

"When the hunters first started their crusade around the packs dad well mine now. His name was Ed. He had a son dad set his house on fire as a consequence for burning down several buildings on Landen's territory. We thought he was dead." I say.

"That explains the vendetta against you." Kyle says.

"You could say that." I say.

"Sam call dad and let him know what is going on." I say.

"Skye are you sure you don't want to tell him?" Sam ask.

"No just tell dad and mom I love them and will talk to them later." I say. He nods and leaves me and Kyle in the room.

"The fighters will be here soon. I let dad know I was extending my trip." Kyle kisses the top of my head.

"If you need to go back I understand." I say.

"There is nowhere else I'd rather be than right here next to your side. Dad understands. He has mom to keep him company my absence is probably a blessing. I know that the people are probably wondering what is going on in the states that has my attention." He murmurs against my head.

"Does anyone know about me?" I ask.

"Yes. Dad and mom but they promised to keep it a secret while you dealt with everything here." He says.

"What do you mean deal with everything here?" I ask.

"Well you are going to come back with me to run the pack there. You are going to be a princess." He says.

"I never said that." I say. I pull away and face Kyle. He looks taken aback.

"I just figured with you being my mate you would want to come back with me." He says.

"I don't know what I want to be honest." I say.

"Well." He starts but stops.

"I'll let you figure that out." He says.

"What's that mean?" I ask.

"I have a responsibility to my people. I am an Alpha and a Prince. I have people I have to think about." He says.

Anger starts to boil in my blood and I know it's rushing to the surface. I try to keep calm but I look at him.

"So do I!" I yell. "I was given this. It wasn't a birth right. I was given this pack. I have people to think about. I am an Alpha as well and I have people that look up to me. They look up to me to take the reigns and figure out the problems set before me. I already had to go tell women and men and children their mate or parent wasn't coming home because I couldn't protect them, so don't fucking try to tell me about some piss in the wind responsibility." I yell. Tears already falling down my face.

"Skye." He tries.

"No don't. Just fucking don't. I dont want to hear you say your sorry when obviously your not. You don't care about anything if it doesn't benefit you." I yell. I know my words are harsh but I can't help what is coming out of my mouth.

"Fuck this." He growls.

"Run away. Be the prince we all read about. The man who runs away from his problems the prince that doesn't have to worry about the consequences of his actions because daddy and mommy clean it all up." I yell.

"You don't fucking know me. You have no idea what my life is like. I get your frustrated and I get i'm an easy target but don't fucking try me Skye." Kyle says.

"What the fuck ever Kyle." I leave him standing in the room and I don't look back as I leave the pack house.

******

SO........