Chapter 6

"Mine." He looks at me and I shake my head. I start backing up and run into Kaidan.

"This cant be happening." I say. I look at Ben and Kaidan and they push me forwards.

"Prince Kyle." I say. He looks at me and smiles. His smile makes me want to smile.

"You must be Skye." He says.

"That I am. This is Kaidan and Ben they are Alpha's as well." I say. Kaidan and Ben bow then shake his hand.

"Nice to meet all of you." He says.

"They will show you to your room. You'll be staying in the pack house." I say.

"i'd rather you show me." He persist.

"Ben and Kaidan will show you." I say.

I turn and motion for Killan and Sam to follow me. We make it to my house and we walk in. I shut the door behind us and motion them to sit. I grab three beers and set them down.

"So how was the trip?" I ask.

"Short. They met us halfway there. They had extra armed guards on them." Sam says.

"I told them everything that happened. I told them we should be on high alert. If they are crazy enough to attack this pack with three Alpha's here at one time then there is no telling what they will do if they knew about the elders." I say.

"They were all on edge. I hope they don't kill her or decide to use her as a bargaining chip for their own gain." Sam says.

"They won't dad and mom are on their way there." I say.

"So where do you think there headquarters are at?" Sam ask.

"Honestly I don't know. I know with the Prince being here it can pose as a problem and make us a target once again. I don't want to put my people in danger any more than anyone else. We haven't had time to even mourn the dead properly. We had their pyre but that's it." I say.

"Your doing all you can. Everyone knows this." Killian says.

"I still feel like I could do more." I say.

"No one could have known Skye quit beating yourself up over the fact that we had casualties." Sam says. He lays his hand on mine and smiles.

"Were going to let you get some rest and we will talk to you once you are rested." Sam says. Killian smiles at me and takes his beer with him.

I clean up the kitchen and the living room and head up to get a shower.

Goddess you really have terrible timing.

******

Short I know sorry for that.