Chapter 25

Max sits next to me as information of Brent comes flooding in. His moves and the people he is in contact with. His every move has been written down on paper and delivered to my desk. I stand up and stretch my legs and lean against the window seal and stare out at the lake.

"So anyone I can try to scare as leverage?" I ask.

"Not really he hasn't really kept anyone close." Max says frustrated. "I'm sorry I don't have much more information to give you. It's like he has turned into a ghost and is avoiding any detection from anything. Hell he only showed up in the data base for birth and the little raid you and your father led on their compound." Max says.

"Yeah the humans came up with a nice little story of what happened that day." I say.

"Gas leak right?" Max ask.

"Yeah. Though we left enough carnage to be described as a mass murder." I say closing my eyes.

"Do you see them Max?" I ask.

"See what?"

"The people you've killed the people's who lives you've taken not just the hunters but the wolves as well?" I ask.

"Every time I close my eyes." He looks at me with great remorse.

"Does it ever get easier?" I ask.

"Not that I am aware of, but Annie she helps me. She is there when I wake up at night with their faces haunting my dreams. She is there to calm me down." He says.

"Why don't we go to the gym or you just go and hang with Annie for a bit." He looks at me and back at the stack of papers we have been going through.

"I'm going to set up a water side picnic for Annie and I will see you later." Max says. I smile and watch him leave. I clean up the papers and stack them up. I finish organizing the room and leave the office. 

"Skye." I look up and Killian is running towards me. He stops and catches his breath.

"Hey Killian you OK?" I ask.

"Yeah just getting over a cold." He says. His heartbeat picks up indicating he is lying to me. 

"Oh. What is it that you wanted?" I ask.

"Sam wanted me to come get you." He says. His heart rate picking up again.

"Ok. First I need to go to the gym, but find me after Ok. " Killian nods and starts to leave. "And Killian i'm glad I can trust you." I say. He looks away from me and heads back towards the pack house.

I continue towards the gym shaking the weird feeling I have. I open the doors and all the guys jump up and bow. I wave them off and stand off to the side. Kyle is messing with two of the guys. He is smiling and laughing.

Lane smiles as I approach and the other looks at me and smiles.

"Lane about time you showed back up." I say. I hug him and hear a growl rip through the air.

Lane pulls away and shakes his head. I turn and embrace Kyle. He kisses my head and I laugh.

"I forget you knew Lane prior to me." Kyle says.

"Well he was once a beta to my dad's friend Micha." I say.

"Yeah, but Kyle is a lot better." Lane jokes. He hits my shoulder and I shake my head.

"So who's this?" I ask.

"My names Hal." He says.

"Well Hal nice to meet you. My name is Skye." He laughs and looks at Kyle.

"I know who you are." He laughs. "They all know who you are." He gestures around the room to all the men looking at me.

"Why are they staring at me?" I ask.

"They want to see you in action. We've heard of your skill and of the fear you can instill they want to see." Hal says.

I nod. I yank my shirt off my head revealing a sports bra. I look around at all the gawking men.

"Who's first?" I ask.

*******

SO ANY THEROIES YET????????