Chapter 43

The cave looks pretty in the setting sun. I sit down next to the pool of water watching it push back ad forth. The orange and reds from the sky making it look like the water is on fire. I dip my hand in the water and draw it back.

"I need your guidence. I dont know what I am going to do. I have this entire army ahead of me and a few by my side. I've never felt so lost in my life. I need your help. I've lost my parents and I can't loose them. I feel like i'm loosing myself. I cant even look in the mirror and tell you who is staring back. I've lost the old me in this war that I never wanted to be apart of. I never wanted to kill anyone." Tears fall down my face and hit my knees.

"My child you are not lost you are merely at a cross roads in your life. " I look at the goddess as she sits down next to me. The water seems to glow around her. "You have a lot going on in your heart and your head. Always listen to your heart. It will never steer you wrong it may seem like it will but I promise you it is always for the better. You are a product of your fathers. I promise you that you are still the same Skye. It is going to get better." She looks at me with a kind and motherly smile.

"I feel lost. I feel like I could move mountains for Kyle, but I feel like he wouldn't move a log out of my way." I say.

"Your heart is clouded because of Kaidan kissing you?" She ask. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look at her and nod.

"Yes."

"Kaidan is someone who will play a big role in your life. He has always been destined for great things and right now he is getting ready to fill those big shoes." 

"Always so cryptic. " I huff.

"If I gave you the answers straight up what kind of goddess would I be?" She ask. I shake my head and her laughter fills the cave.

"One more thing before you go." I look at the goddess. "Brent."

"You want to know if you should trust him?" She ask.

"Yes." 

"He is a lot closer to you then you know right now. He is clouded and pained. He is just like you. He never wanted this, but the hatred of the wolves comes from his father. He never wanted to kill anyone. He actually just wanted to go to college in Savannah for art." 

"I-" I'm speechless. 

"I wont be far if you need me my child. Remember our talk when you make it to London." She leans down and kisses my head and disappears.

****

I sit down next to mom's grave and lean my back against it. The sunlight almost gone leaving me in the dark. I hear someone moving closer to me.

"Figured i'd find you out here." I look up and Kaidan sits down next to me. "Anytime you got upset when we were kids this is where you would come." I lean my head onto his shoulder.

"Funny how I would let boys so much younger than me make me upset." I say.

"We are a family. Families fight." He says.

"I guess." 

"I'm sorry for kissing you." Kaidan says.

"Don't be." I say.

"You know I've always had a crush on you and seeing the way that Kyle seems to push you off and it pisses me off. No one should treat their mate like that. I overstepped and I am sorry about that Skye. I wouldn't do anything to loose you." Kaidan says.

"It's fine I promise." I stand up and reach out for him.

"Lets go beat this pshyco bitches ass." I say.

******

SORRY ITS SO SHORT. SO NEW POLE WHO DO YOU LIKE MORE

KYLE

KAIDAN