Chapter 24

It is quiet when we walk into the pack house. I see some sitting in front of the tv and some by the bar.

"Skye your back." I turn and Annie smiles.

"Yes I am back." I say.

"You smell like a Kyle." She says with a smile on her face.

"Do I?" I ask and look at her. 

"Yep." She says. 

"Shower." We say together. We laugh and I grab a water and a orange and leave the pack house. Kyle is sitting on the porch staring at the moon.

"I'm going to the house. I need a shower." I say.

"I think you smell good." He says with a smile on his face.

"I smell and I don't need dirty looks besides I want a bath. I want to soak and let my back heal." I say with a smirk on my face.

"Feel you on that one babydoll." I shake my head and laugh walking away from him.

********

I wrap a towel around my body and step out of the shower. I slip on an over sized tee shirt. I open the door just to stop in my tracks. A man sits in the my window seal looking down on the yard where the guys are messing around. 

Send guards to me now.

Right away Alpha. 

I grab the knife closest to me and throw it at the intruder. He moves and looks at me. I gasp and drop my towel in my hand.

"Long time no see Skye." I growl and lunge at him.

"I will kill you Brent." I say. He reaches out and brushes his finger across my cheek. I shake my head away and he laughs.

"Maybe, but not today. I just came to tell you to be ready because I am coming and no one is going to stop me. I want you to remember how it was so easy to get to you. See you soon my sweet sweet Skye." He drops out the window and disappears into the night.

The door to my room burst open and Kyle, Sam, Killian, Quinn and Max storm in. I stand staring at the tree line where Brent disappeared.

"Skye." Kyle says.

I continue staring at the tree line. I feel Kyle come up and he touches my arm I jump away and he growls.

"I'm sorry. I just." I turn and look at Sam. "Brent was here." I say.

"Skye i'm so sorry. I don't know how he got past the border patrol. I am sorry." Sam keeps apologizing.

"Sam. It's fine. He was covered in something that masked his scent. I didn't smell him. I only found him after I came out of the bathroom." I move away from the window and move to the bed.

"Skye. Baby talk to me." Kyle pleads. I don't know what to say to him. That i'm scared. That i'm pissed. 

"He can get to me." I said in a weak voice.

"Skye we are going to move you into the pack house." Sam says.

"No." I find my voice and all the fear I just felt melts away to anger. "He thinks he can come in and scare me into hiding. He's bat shit crazy." I say.

"Skye?" Max ask. Quinn stands behind him watching me along with the other guys.

"Find out everything about Brent. I want to know everything. Hell doctors appointments everything any parking tickets. If it's about Brent Peters I want to know." Killian nods and heads back towards the pack house. 

I get off the bed and look out the window and turn towards Sam.

"Get our best trackers and follow him. I want updates. Stay hidden and stay safe." Sam nods and leaves me in the room with Max, Quinn, and Kyle.

"He wanted a fucking war he better be ready." I growl.

"Skye. He had to of broken in here for something." Max says.

"He did. He told me to be ready because war is coming soon. He just upped his timeline." Max nods and motions for Quinn to follow him.

"When Roan and Rae get here we will be ready. They pushed their coming back because they had some rouges to take care of." I say. "War. He got his fucking war." I turn away from Kyle and stare out the window into the night.

******

MY LOVILIES. HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT.