Chapter 44

The plane lands causing me to jump. I look over and Kaidan is looking at me. I stretch and smile at him. I stand stretching out my legs. I reach up and grab my bag.

"Didn't seem like that long of a flight." I say.

"Well you slept most of the flight." Kaidan says.

"Yeah well its been a rough week." I say.

"Yeah. Benjamin has made arrangements at a hotel for all of us." Kaidan says. 

"Don't think we will be sleeping tonight." I say. I grab my bag and head out of the plane behind Roan. 

"Ready for this Skye?" Roan ask.

"I'm not even close to being ready for this." I say.

"At least you are honest. That is one thing I love about you. For and Alpha you are not scared to admit when you are scared and you aren't scared to fuck someone up when they need it. I admire you Skye. I have never met someone like you. So protective and so fierce in battle. You are what I want in a daughter one day. I want her to take no shit but also still care about the people in her life. I am happy to be fighting next to you." Roan says. He pulls me in for a hug. I stand there shocked but hug him back.

"I admire you to Roan and I am happy you have come to my aid. Though I don't know about wanting your daughter to be like me I am an emotional wreck. I am impulsive and have almost died twice within a week." I say. He laughs and walks towards Max.

I stand next to Kaidan waiting for the others to climb into the cars. I look at the skyline of the city. I wrap my jacket around my body and watch as Roan and Max talk to some of the local Alphas. They seem amped to be invading the palace. I watch as the warriors all talk amongst themselves. They seem to be ready for the fight that is getting ready to have. I can see them staring at me as they talk. I hear words like princess, luna, warrior and alpha. I look away and look at the sky and the planes landing at the nearby airport. I can feel the energy around us. Tense but ready for war.

"Think she knows we are coming?" Kaidan ask.

"Definitely. I know she knows. She was planning this. I underestimated her. This is going to be a bloody night. I don't know that I am ready for this." I say. I look at my feet as I wait for Kaidan to speak.

"We will win and you will get Kyle back." Kaidan says. He looks away and back at the last few people exiting the plane. 

"I don't want to loose anyone tonight. Promise me Kaidan that you will come out on the other side with me." I say.

"I wont promise anything." Kaidan says.

"Please I cant loose you." I say. I grab Kaidan's hand and force him to look at me. "Promise me." 

"I will be with you till the end Skye. I will not let you fall." He kisses my cheek and gets into his car. I stand there and will the tears not to fall. I climb into the car and wait for Roan.

I have a bad feeling about this.

*******

GUYS WE ARE GETTING CLOSE TO THE END....... OMG. I HAVE HAD SUCH A GOOD DAY WRITING AND JUST A GOOD DAY PERIOD. HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN?