Chapter 12

Dad and mom smile at me as they make their way towards the dinning hall. I smile back in hopes they won't notice how on edge I am. I stand messing with the frays on my jeans and moving back and forth on my heels. I stop when they get close and I bow as a sign of respect. Everyone standing near me does the same.

"My baby girl." Mom says. I smile and hug her tight against me. She isn't really much older than me. I smile and look at dad.

"My fierce Alpha." He jokes. He hugs me tight against his body and I can't help but relax.

"Where is Kyle?" Mom ask. I pull away from dad and look at her.

"He is-" I start.

"Right here. Sorry I was on the phone with my dad they had a few issues and he wanted my opinion." Kyle says. I smile grateful that I didn't have to explain that I lost my cool and sent my mate hiding for a couple days.

"Well aren't you handsome." Mom gushes. I shake my head and watch as dad eyes him up and down.

"Kyle." Dad says.

"Alpha Lukas it is and honor to meet you. I remember hearing stories as a kid about the great warrior who's mate was as great a warrior." He says. Kyle smiles at mom.

"So is Skye. She can best any of the men and women who guard her. It was a challenge to even try to find guards for her and even when I did she seemed to evade them and leave everyone in a dizzy." Dad says. Mom laughs and I want to crawl under the table to try and stop myself from hearing the conversation.

Thank you for showing up.

I'm your mate Skye I wouldnt leave you here by yourself.

I know.

I open the door to the dinning room and everyone stands and bows as a sign of respect. I make my way to the head of the table and sit as does everyone else. I look around the table and everyone's eyes are on me even mom, dad, and Kyle.

"Alpha eats first my dear." Mom says.

"Sorry." I take a bite of the chicken on my plate and nod everyone goes to digging in and I shake my head.

"So how is Bailey doing since she heard about Daren?" Mom ask.

"She has herself locked in her house. I sent some guys round to check on her and take her some food earlier. I know she needs to take care of herself especially after finding out she is pregnant. I can't loose another wolf on my watch." I say.

"it will happen." Dad says.

"I've lost more people in a month than you did the first four years you were Alpha." I say. No one is paying attention to the conversation at the head of the table and I smile at Sam as he walks in and takes the empty seat next to me.

"Sam." Mom says.

"Ky." She smiles and nods. Mom has never liked formalities and I guess that's where I get it from.

"Alpha Lukas." Sam says.

"Please Lukas. You are the beta after all." Dad says. "Though I wouldn't recommend it at the Alpha meeting might get your head chewed off and spit back out." Dad jokes.

"Please like mom did when she handed a few arrogant Alphas their asses." I say.

"Exactly. Also like the time we took you along and Alpha Porters son hit on you and you told him to politely go fuck himself and everyone was so stunned because you were only 15 at the time." Dad laughs.

"Hey I learned from the best." I say.

"That you did." Dad says proudly.

"So she has always been free spirited." Kyle says.

"She has. She was a little trouble maker when she was in school. Always starting fights and throwing things. Her senior year in high school her teacher pissed her off so much she super glued him to the chair and it ripped his pants off. Naturally no one ratted so she didn't get kicked out." Dad says.

"Lovely." Kyle says. 

"I only did that because he deserved it. He was pin pointing me for everything." I huff. I fall back into my seat with my arms crossed.

"Our little rebel." She laughs.

I smile and let mom and dad talk to Kyle. I reach up and touch my neck. I get up and walk out side to the porch. I lean against the banister and look up at the sky. I close my eyes and relish in the breeze.

"Lukas and Kylan went to their room." I turn and Kyle is standing against the door frame with his hands shoved in his pockets. I nod and turn back around watching the kids play out in the open their parents watching them. Their moms hugging them and brushing the dirt off of them.

"Do you miss her?" Kyle ask.

"I guess in a sense. I mean I was only four when she died. I don't really remember much except she was ill very ill. Kylan was there for me as a child. She is the only mother I really know. I mean I love Alexandria. I will always love her, but to answer your question I really don't know how to miss her." I say.

"I'm sorry Skye." Kyle says.

"You didn't know. I know what everyone heard. The Luna took pitty on the mom and took in her orphan. I know there are people who think Adam should have been handed the title of Alpha. Some days I think that would have been the best thing. I know they think i'm messing up." I say.

"Skye." Kyle lays his hand on my shoulder and turns me around. "You are doing an amazing job and I guess when I took a step back I could see that. It took you walking out on me for me to see what an amazing Alpha you can be." He says.

"You don't mean that." I say.

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I've seen bigger fuck ups out of men, and as far as Adam goes he can't figure out the ass end of a billy goat so he isn't really fit to be Alpha. I know you don't see it, but I know you have overcome many odds. Especially the fact that your mate is an arrogant ass and he is temperamental and he doesn't take no very well, but I blame that on him being a prince." Kyle says.

I let out and chuckle and shake my head at him.

"You are the best mate I could ask for. You got the shitty end of the stick in the mate department. Your mate is an ass ninety percent of the time." I say.

"She is isn't she." I look at him and shake my head.

"Asshole." I huff. He pulls me against his body and before his lips meet mine he looks at me. "Yes, but i'm your asshole."

*****

SOOOOOOOO.......... Comment Vote do your thing.