Chapter 4

An arrow whizzes past my head and lands in a tree trunk not two inches from my head. I look up and a woman smiles at me. I move and grab her bow and slam it onto the ground. She looks up at me and her face contorts to horror. I move behind her and snap her neck. She falls to the ground and I move to the next person. He looks at me and pulls a pistol out. I smile and run at him. He looks at me and tries to move away. I grab him and throw him at a tree. A sickening snap echoes and he lays not moving. I hear a howl and see Kaidan shift just as a hunter starts for him. I make it to him and slam my body into the hunters.

"Brave wolf won't turn. Where's the Alpha you bitch?" He snaps. I put my hands around his neck.

"Your looking at her." I snap his neck and move away. I hear the yelling and howling stop. Kaidan has one in his teeth.

"Stop. Leave him I want him for questioning put him in the cells. Gather the bodies and burn them. Leave no evidence. I don't need any other hunters snooping around here." I say. I move towards the unconscious hunter and drag him by his jacket to the cells. Wolves move to let me through Kaidan and Ben flank me. I open the doors and fling him down the to the floor.

"Skye." Adam barley talks.

"Get out!" No one moves and I turn around and everyone scrambles to beat the other to the door. The guards look at me and bow slightly before leaving the room. I move towards the human pushing my wolf back. His breathing picks up and I can smell his fear. It gives off a acidic smell. I shake my head and he looks up.

"How?" He ask.

"I'm going to kill you." I say.

"A female Alpha. That's new." His comment drips with sarcasm.

I move closer and snap his arm and he lets out a loud yell. He looks at me and hatred floods his face. He moves and pulls a dagger from his boot. I notice the silver and laugh.

"You hunters will never learn will you. I swear it's like each generation gets stupider and stupider." His anger spikes and he tries to lunge for me. I grab his hand and the dagger falls to the ground I pick it up and stab his hand. He screams and falls to the floor.

"You bitch!" He yells.

"Sounds right, but you know one thing that I can't stand is a trespasser. I swear you hunters come onto our land and wipe packs out and then crawl into your beds at night and fall asleep so peacefully. You're sick." I growl.

"Us you kill innocents. You abduct children and turn them." He spits.

"What are we barbarians. We haven't done that in centuries. The bite and blood sharing can kill a human. We don't practice that anymore. Most of us mate within the packs." I growl.

"Not according to Brent."

"Well your leader is as retarded as you. So why target my pack?" I question.

"Really need to ask that question. You have two of the strongest pack leaders here. Your pack is strong. We take out the big three then the others will fall." He says.

"You have bad timing." I laugh. I crouch down so he is eye level with me. I push my hand down into his leg listening to the bones break. The snapping echoing of the stone walls.

"And why is that?"

"Well the King is sending an army to aid us in this fight. He wanted to make sure the threat was real and was large enough for him to get involved and you showed him today it is very real. You thought you were stepping on a tiny ant hill when you really kicked the hornets nest. I almost feel bad." I say. He looks at me and cocks his head.

"Liar." He looks at the two men behind me and I smile.

"They won't stop me. I am going to kill you then i'm going to send you piece by piece back your leader with little love notes. Hell I may even send some ashes back to him of your friends we killed and the people you had hidden near the highway. They are going to look like they got into a really bad wreck. We are smarter than you we will always win. We've been around for centuries long before the hunters came to be here and we will be here long after each of you are gone." I say.

"You bitch!" He yells.

"Now you're really starting to piss me the fuck off." I snap his ankle and he screams out in pain.

Alpha we have a lady looking for her husband at the border. She is pleading for his life.

Let me guess she wants my prisoner?

Yes.

Bring her to me. Blindfold her and take her around first to disorient her. I don't need her knowing where we are located.

Yes Alpha.

"Looks like we have a present for you." I say. I grab a chair and look at him bleeding on the damp floor. He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Let her go." He yells.

"Now why would you bring your wife to a den of wolves and think we wouldn't use her?" I ask.

"Don't please." He looks at me and at Kaidan and Ben.

"Skye." Ben says.

"No they have killed so many of our people." I say.

They don't say anything else. The door opens and a petite girl is pushed forwards.

"Ray." She tries to run towards him and Ben stops her. She looks up at us and her eyes go wide. My hands have blood all over them. I spin the blade in my hands.

"Jane. Why?" He ask.

"He made me." I look at them and shake my head. I feel bad and I don't like what is going to come of this.

"Take her out." I say. Two guards show up and escort her out.

"Don't kill her." He says. My heart breaks for her. Her love is about to die and there is nothing she can do to stop it.

"We won't she will be taken to the elders and they will deal with her. We don't kill the innocent. She will be spared." Kaidan says.

"He is planning a full scale attack on the packs." Ray says.

I look at Kaidan and I get up.

"Take care of it." I say. I shut the door and make my way to where they would have put Jane. I open the door and she sits at the table with her head in her hands. I turn the faucet on and wash my hands of the blood.

"You killed him?" She ask. I look at her as I turn the water off.

"Yes." I say.

"Why?" She ask.

"He was a threat to my pack." I say.

"What are you going to do with me?" She ask.

"You'll be sent to the elders they will decide what they need to do. I promise you this. They will not kill you." She lays her head down.

"Sam take have a party ready get her to the elders. I'll let them know what is going on." He nods and I get up and leave the room going towards my office.

Goddess give me strength.

Love yall.....