Chapter 16

Shout out to the amazing @Insanity_Revenge for amazing feedback and the votes you are awesome.

I reread the letter and almost want to vomit. I drop the letter and look out the window and watch as everyone runs and enjoys their carefree lives.

"Why so blue?" Kyle ask.

"No reason." I say.

"Don't lie to me." I hand him the letter and he looks up at me.

"I'm sorry babe."

"I was counting on them. I can't believe Tyler pulled out on me. He was a strong ally to have right now." I say.

"Yeah but you also have the men my dad is sending they will be here in two or three days." Kyle says.

"They were supposed to be here two weeks ago." I say getting frustrated.

"I know. I know it's frustrating." Kyle trys.

"I swear some days I wish mom never would have taken me in as her own." I say.

"Don't say that." Kyle scolds. I shake my head and let out a laugh.

"I'm serious. I mean the moon goddess gave me you, but was she really thinking when she made me and Alpha's daughter?" I ask.

"She made you the daughter of an Alpha because you are worthy and more than enough for the job." Kyle says.

I look back at my desk and flop back down in the chair and look at the picture of me right after the war sitting between mom and dad smiling ear to ear. We are sitting on the front steps of Michael's house. I run my finger along the edges of the frame and close my eyes.

"So I have some news." Kyle says. I look up at him and he is messing with the trinkets on my bookshelves.

"Yeah." I say.

"Yep." He says.

"And." I say.

"Ok. So we have found some crumbs to follow. We have a general area of where Brent and his idiots are hiding out at." Kyle says. I look at him and a smile spreads across my face.

"Holy shit this is awesome." I say. I jump up and jump on Kyle. He is laughing so hard his shoulders are shaking making me smile. I lean down and let my lips land on his.

"What did I so to deserve a mate like you." I say.

"I don't know i'm pretty special aren't I?" He ask. I shake my head at him and he laughs.

"You are really special." I say. He kisses me hard. I feel him set me down on my desk. I lean back exposing my neck to him. His lips kiss over his mark making me moan. He smiles against my skin.

"Cocky bastard." I groan out. He pushes my legs apart and stands in between them pushing me back slightly.

"I can be." He says. He pulls my shirt over my head and starts kissing down my stomach and in between my breast over my bra. I arc my back trying to get closer to him. He pulls back and looks at me. He goes to say something but my office door opens and Sam stands in the door way redder than a tomato. I grab my shirt and throw it over my head.

"Yeah Sam?" I ask. Slightly annoyed by the intrusion.

"Patrol's back and they have some news on Brent." Sam says. I nod and follow Sam out the door trying to get my pulse to calm down.

"This isn't over." I hear Kyle call out.

No it isn't.

*****

So above is a new cover I made. Not sure which one I like most.