Chapter 11

People scurry around making preparations in the main hall as I move through the house. Kyle hasn't spoken to me since the argument we had three days ago. I haven't really given him the opportunity. Food is being sent out on huge platters to the dinning room. Mom and dad are coming home to see what all is going on and to meet my mate. I shiver at the thought of them meeting Kyle especially after our fight. I leave the room and make my way down the hall.

The house smells of meats and pastries. I can feel my stomach growls and I shake my head turning towards the front door.

"Skye." Sam calls after me I turn around and smile.

"Hey Sam." He winks and walks with me outside to the borders. The trees loom over the worn out path making it look like an enchanted forest. 

"We haven't had much activity since the attack." Sam says.

"You  can never be so sure." I say.

We walk around in a comfortable silence as I inspect the borders wolves bow and smile as I pass. I run my hands along the bark of the trees and I move back down the path towards the creek that leads into the cove. I stop when I hear howling.

"The boys have something." I nod and shed my skin and run behind Sam towards the wolves. When we get there the scene is horrific. I shed my wolf and stand in front of a dozen men and women. Everyone's eyes on me as I move towards the body lying on the ground.

Daren is split open his guts laying around him, as if he had been blown up. Dirt and blood cover his body like a piece of clothing. Scrapes and cuts all along his body. His hands and feet black and blue. Fingers broken and bent into weird angles. His face contorted in fear. He has a piece of paper in his mouth. I kneel down and pull the paper out trying to hold it together.

A life for a life. You have been warned.  -Brent

I look at everyone and back and Daren. His body scattered along the grass. My stomach churns and I shake my head.

"Move the body and have a pyre built we will burn him tonight. They wanted a war they've got their fucking war. I'm calling in the Alpha's and we will kill every single one of them bastards." I growl.

******

Hope you like.