Chapter 47

Kaidan's body lays at Margo's feet lifeless and still. I let rage push me towards her. I grab her by her throat and squeeze and her eyes go wide.

"I want you to know what he felt. I want you to know how he knew he was going to die." I say. With every syllable I squeeze tighter. She opens her mouth to try and speak but only strangled gasp come out. Her eyes start to flutter close and I release her throat. She falls to the floor and looks at me. She gasp for air and try to get up. I grab her throat and I look at her.

"I pray that the moon goddess gives you the worse punishment in the life after this. I pray that she does not take pity on you and you are left in a pit of dispair. You are left in a void that is all consuming." I say. She looks at me and her eyes widen.

I turn my head and the moon goddess stands next to me. Her eyes full of pain and anger.

"Skye this is not what should be done. Do not let anger cloud your judgment." Her voice sounds like angels, but all I want to do is snap Margo's neck for what she just did. I look away from the goddess and look at Kaidan's body.

"Why? Why does she get to live, but you allowed Kaidan to die?" I ask tears falling down my face.

"I did not allow anythig to happen. You all have free will. Kaidan being in love with you is what made this happen." She says. I look at the goddess like she is crazy. She has a sad smile on her face.

"Loving Kaidan is what is making you question everything. Don't let this anger be who you are." The goddess moves closer to me and Margo. I release her and look at the goddess.

"Kaidan loving me caused his death." Is the only thing I could get out of my mouth. The goddess smiles at me but I can see the pain in her face.

"I am very sorry my child." She kisses my forehead and comes to Margo. She leans down and kisses Margo. I look at the goddess and Margo's eyes go wide like she has been told a secret.

"I Goddess of wolves and night take your birthright from you. I strip you of your wolf and strip your memory of the entire existence of the wolves. You will wander this earth with no knowledge of this life or these people. You will have no home no family and you will not know who you are. The evil deeds you have done will haunt you in the next life to come. You will reap what you have sowen." The goddess lets go of Margo and she falls to the floor in a heap.

"The elders will come to collect her my child fear not and know Kaidan does not blame you." She kisses my head one more time and disappears. I move past Margo's body and run towards Kaidan's

I pull his head into my lap and cry. I let out everything I have kept pent up all the anger I have felt. The love I felt for him and the guilt. I feel someone move next to me.

"He is gone Skye." Kyle says. He pulls me away fromKaidan's body.

"No he cant be. He never got to experience the love of a mate. He never got to have a love that is worth traveling a sea to save. He didnt get to experience life." I say.

"The goddess will help him find it in the next life." Kyle says. Roan drops down next to me and helps lift Kaidan's body up.

I start to cry all over again watching them take his body away from me. Max smiles at me and I cant help but walk away.

"Skye." Kyle calls after me. I dont stop until I am outside.

"You know before all of this happened he kissed me and told me you didnt deserve me and told me he couldnt promise coming back with me. How do I Micahel and Callie that their son died because he was to blinded by me to keep himself safe?" I ask.

"He was right I don't deserve you but I would hope that you would still have me." Kyle says.

"That was never a question." I say. He looks at me and pulls me into a hug. His lips press into mine and he smiles.

"I love you Skye." 

"I love you Kyle."

******

NOT EVEN GOING TO LIE I CRIED WRITING THIS.