Chapter 39

The place looks just like the cellar that Margo kept me and the others in. I can feel the goosebumps on my arms as we desend the stairs into the darkness. There is nothing. No sound making the animal side of me stir and become very nervous. Sam looks at me and pushes forward making sure I was behind him. As we make our way towards the door at the bottom of the steps my wolf starts to stir. 

"Something's not right." I pull my gun from my waist band of my pants. 

"Skye. Don't put yourself in anymore danger please." Sam warns. I nod as we advance to the doors. Sam and Kaidan push the doors open. I raise my gun in front of me. The doors make a loud creak as they swing back towards us. I can smell blood in the air and it makes the room even more eerie. The sound of heavy breathing makes me tense. 

"Do you smell that?" I ask. As soon as I ask both guys tense up and raise their guns. The room is huge and full water. The catwalks look like docks waiting for a boat. The smell of rotting flesh and  blood intrude my senses making me shake my head and cover my nose. I hear the frantic beating of a heart and I can't pinpoint where in the room it is coming from. I brush past Sam and Kaidan moving faster around the room. I make it to the end of the catwalk and I can hear the groaning just as the framework collapses under me pushing me into the water.

I open my mouth to scream as I hit the water swallowing the water. My chest starts to tighten and I can't figure out which way to swim. Panic starts to set in and I close my eyes waiting for the inevitable. I feel myself beginning to slip into the blackness. I feel hands wrap around my wrist as I sink.

I feel the cool air hit my skin and beating on my chest. I gasp for air and roll over onto my hands and knees.

"Skye." Kaidan touches my shoulder and I jump.

"Lets get you out of here." Kaidan picks me up and carries me out of the eerie room. I hear Sam talking to someone but I can't bring myself to look up to see. My eyes start to grow heavy and I let my head slump against Kaidan.

"Thank you Kaidan." I finally let my eyes fall shut.

******

I can hear yelling as I come to.

"Damn it Kyle she almost died. Let your fucking father deal with her. I swear if I have to come get your bigoted ass you will not like me prince or not!" I sit up. Hal looks at me with sad eyes.

"So Kyle is stuck up Margo's ass still." I say. I sit up and stretch. Hal sits down next to me and I scoot so that my back is pressed against the arm of the couch.

"So it seems. He can be a real ass. I'm sorry." Hal says. Sam comes in with Ava close to his side. I smile at her and she looks down at her feet.

"So get ahold of Kyle?" Sam ask.

"Yeah he is being an ass." Hal says. I hear laughter and smile when Benjamin and Kaidan come in.

"So we have Brent in the dungeon." Kaidan says. I jump up look at the people in the room with wide eyes.

"Brent is here?" I ask.

"Oh no one told her?" Kaidan ask .

I start towards the door and I can hear  Sam yelling at Kaidan for saying something about Brent.

*******

SO SORRY GUYS!! I HATE THAT I HAVE BEEN SLACKING BUT I PROMISE I AM TRYING. HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THIS SHORT CRAPPY CHAPTER