Chapter 29

I look at Sam and I nod. He sits down looking at me.

"I kind of figured." I say. I sit down and look at my hands.

"The other day he tried getting me to follow him. He told me that you needed me for something. I told him it would have to wait, but the entire time his heart rate kept picking up. He seemed aggravated that I didn't go with him." I say.

"He tried the same thing except he told me you needed me. I told him to wait and that I had to train some of the newer recruits and he stormed off. He's been distant since Brent showed back up." Sam says.

"I don't get what is going on he wasn't really around any of the raids back then. He was never directly effected that I can remember. Dad didn't want me to come, but I snuck into the back seat and hid until we got there and he had no choice but to let me go." I say. 

"Skye I was thinking you know he was on the shift that rotates out to guard the perimeter. I wonder if he let Brent through the border?" Sam ask.

"He might have. I mean he wasn't in my room that night when everyone came running in to check on me. I mean I know that sounds conceded but he is my Delta he should have came." I say. I start chewing on my nail and bite to close to the skin. I yank my hand out and let out a huff.

"I just don't get it. He was fine before Brent decided to go to war with my pack alone. Killian isn't the type to betray his friends for no reason." I say.

"I guess but I mean war can change people. It will break those who are weakest among us and help the strong thrive." Sam says.

"I just." I stop and look around. I think about Kyle waiting on me and the happy people who are with their loved ones. The mates. "Mates." I whisper.

"What?" Sam ask.

"Mates. They make us do crazy things. Killian found his mate she was a human girl. Her name is Emma Williams. He hadn't got around to telling her who he was. Like wolfy form who he was. I bet Brent found Emma and is holding her. He did start acting weird around the time Brent showed back up, but it has to be I can't see any other way for him to try and throw us down the drain." I say.

"Skye I hope your right because if not he will be exiled and I can't see him making it out there with the rouges he once helped hunt." Sam says.

"They didn't exile Calli." I say.

"She was also and Alpha's mate. Michael had a lot more say about that than anyone did. Killian is just a Delta no one would trust him again." Sam argues.

"They trusted Calli after she did what she did." I say.

"Again she is the Luna of a pack. Their instincts are to love her not hate her. " Sam says. He looks across my office at the window and let out a sigh. "I do hope it's about his mate and not about anything else." Sam says.

"Me and you both." I say.

*******

SO WHAT DO WE THINK GUYS? TRAITOR OR IS HE JUST TRYING TO GET HIS MATE BACK OR IT DOESNT MATTER HE IS A TRAITOR???????