Chapter 42

I sit in front of Brent his eyes searching the room. He looks scared. He keeps looking at the door.

"By the time you would reach the door I would have your heart on the other side of the room. Don't try it." I say. I rest my chin against the back of the chair and wait for Kaidan.

"Why?" Brent ask. He looks at me with intent.

"Why what?" I ask getting irratated. 

"I gave you what you wanted. I gave you Margo's plans and yet here you are waiting for my other exicutoner. I swear you are so backwards." He says.

"Why do you say that?" I ask.

"Because that night you say you killed everyone I loved. I remember it now. I remember how scared you were. You looked like you wanted to run. Every time someone would fall regardless of whos side it was on you looked away. It killed you. You weren't but thirteen at the time. Who wouldn't have been scared?" 

"I wasn't scared. I don't like to watch people die that is true, but I was not scared. I had a duty to my people and that was to kill the people who were destroying our compounds and killing the people of my pack. I had to prove I could take over and lead. I may have done something awful but they were all guilty." I say.

"The people you all killed were innocent. They didn't know what was going on. The people who did that were housed else where. I guess my dad knew that you would come for him one day. He knew you would come for him. It saddens me to this day that it had to be the innocents. I don't believe many knew about the supernatural."

"So your dad set up innocent people to die in his place. Guess he picked the wrong night to be at home." I ask.

"He wasn't supposed to be there that night. My dads mom called him because I was sick. He acted as though it bothered him. He acted like he could care less when in reality I always knew he didn't care about me. He never did." Brent says.

"Well death isn't something to be scared of." I say.

" I don't want to die Skye. I have never wanted to die. I never wanted this life. I wanted to know my mom. She left me and my dad for someone like you when I was young. All I wanted was to know why I wasn't enough for her to take me with her." Brent breaks down and looks at me. 

"Do you know her name?" I ask.

"Her name was-" Kaidan storms through the room and looks at me.

"We got word Margo is moving now he will have to wait." I look at Brent and nod following Kaidan out of the room. I hear the guards dragging Brent back to his cell. I follow Kaidan up to my office. Sam is pacing around the room and looks at me.

"She has taken the palace. It is going to be hard to get to her now." Sam says.

"No it wont be ready to go within the hour and we will be there within nine." I say. I turn to leave.

"Where are you going?" Sam ask.

"To talk to the goddess." I say.