I'm Sorry 2

It has been 3 weeks since I last talked to Ethan. I've seen Ethan around school, and every single time I would, he would try to talk to me. But I just couldn't look at him or hear his voice without breaking inside, so I would try my best to find some of my friends and walk over to them to talk to them. And if I can't find them, then I just keep walking on, Ethan dragging along behind me, until I do. Sometimes, if I get lucky, I just quickly walk into the girls restroom.

Anyway, tonight is Prom and I just can't wait to dance the night away. Hopefully tonight will get my mind off of him.

***
I had arrived at prom with my best friends and it was honestly the best night I had so far since... well you know.

When we first had arrived, there was a photographer to take a picture of us all. We took at least five pictures before we made our way inside and straight to the food. We were all very hungry because we waited to eat here.

The rumors were true, there was going to be good ass food, a snack table, and a candy table.

Once we finished eating our ass off, we went straight to the dance floor because some bomb ass music was playing. We danced around and had so much fucking fun, until I saw him.

I was watching my friends dance until my eyes made their way towards the entrance to the Prom. Ethan had walked in with his brother and his best friends with their dates. That was supposed to be me with him tonight.

"Hey, y/n, don't stress over him. What he did was a stupid move. Don't show him how sad he made you, just live your life, make him see what he's missing out." Y/B/F said to me.

"Don't make her do that! y/n, Ethan clearly still loves you. Why else would he still try to make a move on you. He clearly regrets what he did to you. Give him another chance." My other friend said.

After that, they both were about to argue, but I stopped them. "Guys! Clearly this is just going to break us apart. So can we please talk something other than him?!"

They looked at each other and nodded. "Okay, but only because we want you to have an amazing night with no boy trouble." She said.

I nodded at her and continued on with our night.

***

A few minutes later, the music died. Everyone looked towards the DJ straight away. "Hey, can I get everyone's attention, please?"

It was Ethan.

"I know for a fact that... everyone in this room knows me." Ethan stared at everyone, until his eyes landed on me. "Three weeks ago, I did something stupid. Something that I can't forgive myself for.... and that is... I cheated on y/n."

Everyone started talking at once. Then after a while, everyone started to boo at Ethan and calling him names and shit. I don't know why, but I was getting worried for Ethan.

"Hey!" Ethan said into the microphone, and everyone went silent, "I know that you all think I'm a dick as of right now. I know, I feel the same way about myself. But, I didn't do this because I was tired of y/n and decided to break her heart so she can no longer love me."

Ethan looked at me dead in the eye, and didn't look away once.

"I did it because, I thought y/n was cheating on me." Ethan said. I can tell that he was tearing up, I knew very well when he was going to start to cry.

"The reason was, because... she would cancel our plans to hang out with someone else. I... I started to think the worse and... my mind went straight to... she was cheating. I decided to follow her one day, I saw her hanging out with another dude. She was all happy with him, they would give each other kisses...my heart broke at the sight of them." By now, Ethan was shedding tears. I started to tear up as well, I believe I still care for him.

"So... I started to cheat on her as well. It hurt me to do so, but I had to do it to get back at her. When she found out, I saw how she got heart broken. But I thought it was a fake feeling. So I said things that would make her hate me." Ethan slowly started to make his way down the stage.

"Once a week past, I found out about who the guy was. I asked her friend, even though she was dead to me. She told me that it was her gay best friend that had loved when she was little. He had just moved back and she wanted to catch up with him. I felt like a total dick head because of what I did to her. I tried to talk to her,... but she kept ignoring me." Ethan was getting closer. I wanted to back up and run away, but my legs didn't move.

"I understand that what I did was wrong, and I want to fix it. And I hope that this wi help get my one true love back." Ethan was right in front of me now.

"Y/n, I know that what I did was wrong. I knew I should have talked it out with you rather than try to hurt you for doing this to me. I know that I hurt you, and I'm sorry. I know that sort won't cut it, so..." Ethan moved himself away from me and I looked at the stage.

The Weeknd was on stage and he started to sing, Worth It. I started to tear up. A huge ass poster fell from behind Abel and it read.

"Will you do me the great honor of taking me back and marrying me?" My hands quickly made their way to my mouth.

I turned around and I see Ethan down on one knee, the ring in the box in one hand, and tickets to see Abel in concert and meet and greets.

"Marry me?" Ethan said.

I fell to my knees and I cried. I nodded my head rapidly because my words were trapped in my throat.

"Yes... yes." I say as I continue to cry.

Ethan heard me and he started to cry as well, because he knows, that he had won me back.

"I love you, y/n." Ethan said.

"I love you, too, Ethan."