lost and found

after Ethan had explained to me everything that had happened, i couldn't be mad at him. i can already see the guilt he had in eyes. he was already hurting enough, i wasn't ready to put another pound of weight on him.

"y/n... i'm sorry. i didn't mean for any of this to happen!" Ethan said as tears slowly fell down his cheeks.

i whip them away and make him look me in the eyes. "Ethan, i'm not mad at you, and i never will be. right now i'm just scared for our daughter. she's gone and we need to find her." i say as my tears start dripping from my eyes.

"i promise, i won't stop at nothing, until we get our daughter back." Ethan's said grabbing both my hands and kissing them.

***

it has been 10 years since she went missing. Ethan kept his promise and he kept looking. the down side was that we don't even know how she looks like as of right now. she was only 8 years old when she disappeared. Clara is turning 18 today.

Ethan and i decided to invite all our friends and family to her birthday party, even though the birthday won't be showing up today.

everyone had showed up, and it was almost time to cut the cake. this party wasn't an energetic party. everyone was pretty much serious throughout the party. but i wouldn't blame them. Clara meant everything to everyone here. Clara loved everyone in this house. she was caring and always stood up for them, even if she was small.

"y/n! Ethan!" i heat Grayson yell our names.

"what?" i yell back.

Grayson appears around the corner and into the backyard. he was breathing heavily and his eyes were wide. "its for you both."

he grabbed both Ethan and I's hand, dragging us to the front of the house. there stood a cop.

"good afternoon," the cop said and when replied back. "are you mr. and mrs. dolan?" he questioned.

"we are." i said.

"please come with me." he instructed.

"where are we going?" Ethan asked.

"i have something to show you." we didn't ask anymore questions, we just followed him to his car.

he walked over to the backseat and opened up the door. there sat a girl with teary eyes. the cop helped her out of the car and right when she saw us, she broke down crying and fell the ground.

Ethan and i went down as well and we started asking what was wrong. she looked back up at us and she looked like she was about to speak. "m-mom.... d-dad.... it's me.... Clara.... your d-daughter..."

that's when i saw her features and came to realization that it was her. she had my eyes, but most of all, she had Ethan's birthmark on her right cheek. now it was my turn to cry.

"Clara..." i cover my mouth and my sons were loud, Ethan then took a look at Clara and he broke down crying.

we didn't wait, we both pulled her into a tight hug and cried tears of joy! everyone started coming out because of the commotion we caused.

i had enough strength in me to shout out, "our daughter has returned home!"

everyone gasped and soon enough everyone started crying as well.

our baby has returned home....