rain

I woke up the sound of rain hitting against my window. I didn't really enjoy the rain because it takes the fun out of the day.

I sign as I roll over and shove my face into my pillow. Sadly it didn't last long because I heard my phone go off.

I quickly grab it and read the caller ID.

"Ethan?"

"That's right."

"How come you're awake? You never wake up this early."

"Because I want to come over."

"Well who says you need to ask for my permission?"

"No one. But either way I'm here just open the door."

"Dang girl! That fast?!"

"You know me honey."

"Yeah, okay, whatever."

I hang up and quickly head down stairs. I open the door and I see Ethan standing in the rain.

"Babe! What are doing? Get over here! You're getting soaked! You're gonna get sick!" I shout through the loud rain.

He walks over to me and grabs my hand. He pulls me out into the rain.

"No, Ethan! We're gonna get sick!" I say as I try to pull him back into the house, only failing in doing so.

We stopped directly in my front yard. He turned and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Ethan, lets go inside." I giggle, "We are getting soaking wet!"

"Babe, we'll go in just relax and close your eyes." I did as told and I relaxed.

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this so we can get inside." I say to him.

"Did I say you can talk?" Ethan said.

"Sorry, daddy." I smirked.

Ethan started to sway side to side, as if we were dancing along to a slow song. I opened my eyes and I looked around us. Everything looked beautiful. I felt so relaxed and happy.

I looked up at Ethan and the droplets falling from his hair onto his face made him look so pure. He looked at me in the eyes and I can see them sparkle with love.

"I love you, y/n. I'm honestly grateful to have you in my life. Without you, I don't know what my love life would have consist of. But I'm sure as hell glad I meet you. You are my happy place and keep my sane when I think I'm about to collapse. I know for a fact that I can't live without you, which is why I can't wait anymore."

Ethan unwrapped himself from my and he got down on one knee.

"Like I said before, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I know that this will be the right approach. Y/n, will you make me the happiest Ethan on this Earth and marry me?" Ethan said. "I would take out the ring from my car but it will get ruined so I will give it to you later." Ethan then said.

I laughed before I put my hands on his, "Of course I will, baby boy."

He got off from the ground and picked me up, and twirled me around. I laughed as he was shouting out to the world, "SHE SAID YES! SHE SAID YES!"

Once he placed me down, I kissed him in the rain.

I kissed him in the rain.