family

Ethan and I have been dating for about a month now. i have met his family and they were all so sweet, but he's afraid to meet mine. he thinks that my dad will pull out a shot gun and threaten him, which i weird because i can actually picture him doing that, thinks my mom will think of him as a 'bad example' and all that other type of shit.

but even though he thought that, i still forced him to accompany me to my dad's birthday party. of course, all of my family was going. which only made Ethan more nervous. there really isn't anything to be nervous about. sure my family may be a tad bit crazy, but it's what i love about them.

***

we made it the party and Ethan was sweating balls. "babe, i'm nervous."

i smile at him and play with his hair, "don't be. they'll love you. especially my dad. he'll love you more once he sees the present that you got him."

he grabbed both my hands and kissed them. "hopefully i don't die tonight."

"or any night, as a matter of fact." i giggle.

Ethan took in a shaky breath and we walked into the party. once inside, all my family members saw me and they all came to say hi and hug me. once that was all done with, which i'm pretty sure it took at least an hour, they asked who Ethan was.

"this is my boyfriend, Ethan Dolan. Ethan, this is..." and i started introducing all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. even my god parents.

after that, we left to look for my mom and dad. once we found them, Ethan tightens his grip on my hand a little. i give his hand a little squeeze to reassure that everything was going to be fine.

"mom! dad!" i scream and they both turn their gaze towards me.

their smiles grow, making wrinkles form by their eyes. they walk up to me and give me big hugs. once they pull away, they both look at Ethan. my moms smile stays, my dads face turns serious.

"mija, who's this?" my dad asked.

"this my boyfriend, Ethan. the one i have been telling you about." i smile.

"it's a pleasure... to meet you." Ethan said as he sticks his hands out to shake my moms hand.

she gladly takes it and gives Ethan a kiss one the cheek. "nice to meet you, Ethan. i'm y/m/n."

"hello Ethan, names y/d/n and, how have you've been treating my daughter." right when my dad asked that, i knew it was time for Ethan and my parents to know each other.

we all sat down on the couch and the questions continued.

***

by now, my dad had seemed to love Ethan. i was very happy that he was comfortable around him. my parents knew a lot about Ethan now and Ethan wasn't as nervous as he was before. he was more calm now.

it was time for my dad to open up his presents and there were many. my dad was of course happy with them all. mostly because most of them was money. lastly, he opened up Ethan's. he was pretty nervous but right when my dad opened up the present, my dad was left without words.

it was a jersey shirt of the Chivas, his favorite soccer team, but with the soccer members autographs. my dad was starting to tear up where as my mom was just shocked.

my dad looks over at Ethan and he stands up. he walks over to him and Ethan stands up as well. my dad hugs him tight. "thank you, mijo."

after the hug, my dad pats his back and looks him dead in the eye, "you are perfect enough for my daughter. you have my blessing to continue dating my daughter."

Ethan smiles widely and then turns around to me. he kisses me and everyone 'awwed'. he then picked me up and twirled me around. i laughed at his sudden happiness.

"i love you." Ethan said resting his forehead onto mine.

"i love you too."