overprotective friend

is it weird that i only get my ideas at night?

***

"okay, so he should be over soon." i say to my friend as i just receive a text message from Ethan.

"oh good. i can't wait to properly introduce myself." y/f/n says as she begins to crack her knuckles.

"y/f/n! don't scare him! i really love him!" i beg her.

"i won't scare him... i'm just going to investigate more about his personal life and his last." she smiles.

"just please don't scare him! i know you are overprotective of me but i promise you he is not a bad guy. he's really sweet, and kind and hot and cute." i say as i start to day dream about him.

"oh, i still have to see that for myself."

the doorbell rings and i see y/f/n start to get herself ready. i roll my eyes as i go over and open the door.

"hey babe!" Ethan said.

"hi baby! aww, are those flowers for me?" i smile.

"course! but these are chocolate flowers with caramel drizzle on them." he smiles.

"you remembered!" i smile. "come in."

(if you want you can change it and you can make them whatever flavor you want)

i was about to lean in to kiss him but then y/f/n interrupted by coughing really loud.

"y/n, aren't you going to introduce us?" she asked.

"y/f/n, this is Ethan. the one i have talking to you about." i say.

"Ethan, it's a pleasure to meet you." she fake smiles.

"nice to meet you y/f/n." Ethan smiles as he shakes her hand.

"why don't we go into the kitchen?" i suggested.

"sure." Ethan smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"oh hell no! remove your arm from there!" y/f/n said to Ethan.

Ethan slowly removed it, he was confused. this was another reason why i wanted to tie y/f/n up. i love her and all but girl be acting like my father.

"i'm sorry, E. i told you she acts like my dad." i laugh a little.

"it's okay, i get it. she's overprotective of you and she doesn't want to see you hurting. but even though i can't tell you're feeling bad about all this, don't. be happy that she is acting like this because one day you are going to need her. and i really hope that when you do need her, it's won't be because of a stupid mistake i did. so when she does ask if i will love and care do you, i promise to not be the one you will be crying about." Ethan said as he kissed my forehead.

"Ethan..." we pull away and look at y/f/n. "you have earned my trust. y/n, you found the one. i'm happy for you." she said as she hugged me.

"so you approve of him?" i ask, excitement clear in my voice.

she looks at Ethan and smiles, for real this time, "yes."