you're not alone

you finished your daily shift and you were about to close the cafe until someone came running up to you. he stopped in his tracks and you stood there frozen because you thought he was going to attack you.

"shit, are you closing?" the guy asked.

"yeah." you told him.

"dam. i thought i was going to make it." he chuckled a little bit.

you looked down at keys and unlocked the door. "what would you like?" you asked as you pushed open the door.

"wait... you are gonna reopen just so i can get something?" he asked.

"yeah, come in. it's cold outside." you walked in and he followed close behind you. you closed the door behind him and closed the curtains that way no other costumers walk in because technically you are closed but you opened up for this guy.

"thank you.. um.. what's your name?" he asked.

"y/n." you told him.

you took off your coat and went around the counter.

"thank you y/n. my names Grayson." he held out his hand and you kindly shook it.

"what would you like, Grayson?" you asked him.

"can i have 3 hot chocolates, two pancakes-" you cut him off there.

"how many pancakes?" you asked him.

"three for both." Grayson responded.

"and what would you like on them?" you asked.

"nutella, strawberries, banana, whipped cream, and sugar."

"powder or regular?"

"powder." he said. "and can i have two doughnuts." he said.

"which ones would you like?" you asked.

he pointed to them and you put them in a bag. you took out a plastic bag and put it aside.

as you were making the pancakes, you and Grayson started talking. you two got to know each and the more you guys talked, the more it felt like you two knew each other forever.

"what do you do for a living, Grayson?" you asked him.

"my twin brother and I make youtube videos. we are known as the Dolan Twins." he explained.

"that's really cool. i should start watching them." you smile at him as you start to put the pancakes away so you can then put them in the plastic bag.

"i'd advise you to not because they are stupid." Grayson chuckled.

"nonsense. if you have a bunch of subscribers then they are probably not." you smiled back at him.

"i tried to warn you but if you are willing to watch them then go ahead." he smiled.

"oh trust me. when i get home i am going to binge watch all your guys video all night long." you tell him.

"wait, but aren't you going to hang out with your family? it is Christmas Eve." he asked you.

you suddenly became serious and you looked away for a while. " i don't have a family. my parents died when i was young. i was put in an orphanage and I've never be adopted.  all my uncles and aunts and grandmas and grandpas couldn't take me in because they had don't have room for one more." a tear slipped down your cheek as you started to relive through those memories.

"y/n, i'm sorry." Grayson said as he came up behind you.

you whipped away your tear and looked at him. "it's okay. of course you didn't know because we just met." you smiled at him.

Grayson looked down for a while before his face lit up and he looked at me. "come spend Christmas with me and my family."

"what? no, Grayson i can't. this is your family, not mine. i don't want to be the intruder." you said to him. "thank you, though."

"y/n, please. come back with me. plus, my parents won't mind. trust." Grayson said.

"Grayson..." you sighed.

"y/n..." he sighed back.

"you're not gonna leave me alone if i continue to say no, aren't you?" you asked him.

"bingo." he said.

"fine! i'll go! but only for a while because i really don't want to be in the way of anything." you had told him.

"okay, but, if they tell you to stay, will you?" Gray asked.

"depends." you said back. "now grab your food and pay for it before we go because this store should've been closed like 40 minutes ago." you said to him.

he payed and you grabbed the hot chocolate you had made for yourself as well and payed for.

"let's go." Gray smiled and you followed him to his car.

Part 2 coming soon
(ethan will come out in part two, so don't worry this is still an Ethan Dolan imagine)