1// The Move

*Leilani's POV*

"Lilliana! Help me zip up my suitcase." I yelled from my bedroom. I can't zip my last suitcase closed. I tried sitting on it to try to push the items in my suitcase closer together so I can zip it but it didn't work. Lilliana came into our room that we share with my other younger sister Alivia to help me. "You look pitiful." She said. "It won't close." I said. She bent down to the ground to zip the suitcase. "Don't break it." I said as she continuously yanked on the zipper. "I know what I'm doing." She said. She tugged on it one last time and the zipper shut.

I stood up from sitting on the suitcase and hugged my sister. "You have everything you need?" She asked. I nodded in response to her question. "I'll come back for you guys. I promise. I'll just take some time but I'm gonna get you guys out of here." I said. She nodded. I saw the tears form in her eyes. "Don't cry. I'll be back soon." I said. "I love you." She said. "I love you." I told her.

Lilliana helped me bring my three suitcases into the living room of the apartment we lived in. "You're really going?" My brother Jordan asked me. "Yeah. I can't stay here anymore." I said. "It's not gonna be the same without you." My brother Alijah said. "I'm gonna miss you guys." I said. "How are you gonna get there?" Jordan asked. "I got a bus ticket." I said. "Oh..." Jordan said.

Let me explain. My mom and I haven't gotten along since my dad died and she got a new boyfriend. Her boyfriend is abusive to her and to us but she refuses to believe there's anything wrong with him. She won't leave him no matter what we say or he does. Last night they got into a fight and I stepped in as the oldest to try to get them to stop fighting. Her boyfriend, Kevin, pulled his gun out on me. I'm pretty sure he was drunk, or high, or both. But my mom didn't do anything about it. I told her either he stays or I do and she didn't say anything. I packed my stuff and bought a bus ticket for today to leave. I texted my friend Logan asking if I could stay with him. So that's why I am where I am now.

I said bye to all my siblings. My mom came out of her room. Me and her stared at each other for a minute. I waited for her to stop me from leaving but she didn't say anything. I walked out the door with Jordan. He helped me walk my stuff to the bus station. He stood with me until the bus pulled up to the station. I sighed and hugged him for the last time. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." He said. "Stay out of trouble." I said. "Says you." He said. "Shut up." I laughed. I got my stuff and put it on the bus and sat down.

I texted Logan telling him I got on the bus and I'll be there in a couple days.