47//

* Same Day*

*Zion's POV*

Once Lani left I went to Jordan's room to tell him she left. "We can call her in a couple hours. Chill out. You're good." He said. "It's not that, I just want to be 100% sure her family is okay with it." I admitted. "The only people she'd really be pressed about their approval is us since you'd be here basically all the time. There's nothing to worry about. Trust me, she'll say yes." He said. "I know. It's just a relief for me to know that the people who made her who she is are okay with it." I sighed. "I can promise you, she wouldn't care what our mom has to say about it. And our dad would've loved you." He said. His words made me calm down a little. "Come here." He sat up from his bed, walking over to his dresser. He opened the top drawer and stacked the clothes on top of the dresser to reveal a storage bag size amount of weed. "What the hell?" I breathed. "Come on. You need a little stress relief." He grabbed a small pack of it then headed to the door. "Are you crazy? The cameras are still here. They can't get video of us smoking." I stopped him. "Man, I don't care." He sucked his teeth. "Okay but if that video gets out it could jeopardize my relationship with Lani. She can't know about this." I said, my tone more serious than before. "She doesn't care that I smoke. She probably won't care that you do it one time." He said. "Yeah but you're not the one she kisses." I said. "She'll be fine. She won't break up with you over something like this." He said. "Can we at least wait until they leave? They leave in like ten minutes. Lani said she won't be back until nine." I told him. "Fine." He compromised.

~

Once the camera people and Randy left, Jordan and I went to the back yard. "We'll call my grandmother first then I'll teach you how to roll a blunt." He said. We sat on the outdoor seating in the back yard.

Jordan dialed their grandmothers number then put it on speaker. I don't know an ounce of Spanish and being around them while they speak Spanish just makes me feel lost. Jordan started speaking Spanish to his grandmother who responded back in Spanish. "What did you want me to tell her?" He asked me as he moved the phone away from his mouth. "Ask her if she'd be okay if I propose to Lani." I said. He translated what I said to his grandma. Mid response he nodded at me notifying that she said it's okay. A large breath of relief exited my body. I didn't realize I was holding my breath. He hung up the phone after saying good bye to her.

"What did she say?" I asked. "She said she gives you her permission and that she's flattered you cared to ask. She saw the pictures and the rumors of you and Lani and could tell by the way she looks at you that she's in love with you. She said she'd be glad to allow you to marry her precious granddaughter." He told me causing me to smile.

Once I got over what his grandmother said, Jordan lit up a blunt he already rolled. He handed me another one he already rolled up. He handed me his lighter as I held the small blunt up to my lips. He watched as I took my first hit. Inhaling the smoke caused me to have a coughing fit. He started laughing as I couldn't control it. "You good?" He laughed. I nodded as I coughed.

I tried it again. Soon everything I had been stressing about was at ease. Now I know why Jordan likes to get high. Everything feels really relaxing.

*Leilani's POV*

I dropped Daniel off at his house. "Do you need help?" I laughed as he struggled to get his bags out the car. "No I've got it." He said. "Good luck getting the door." I said. He looked at me notifying me that he hadn't thought about that. I got out the car and walked with him to the door step. "Do you have a key?" I asked. "It's in my jacket pocket." He said. I dig into his jacket pocket to find his key. I unlocked the door for him. He immediately dropped his bags on the floor of the main entrance. "Thank you." He sighed. " No problem." I laughed. "I'll see you in a few weeks." He said. I gave him a hug before going back to my car to head home.

I didn't buy anything even though I had to force myself not to. "Hey Lani." Liliana said from the couch in the living room. "Hey. Where's Z?" I asked. " I think he's in the back with Jordan." She said. I looked out the back window to see smoke being released. I swear to God Zion. I closed the front door behind me, locking before walking to the back.

A high gaze washed over Zion's face let me know he did smoke. "Lani." He said, trying to wash the look off his face. "Did you get high?" I asked. "I was just holding it." He lied to defend himself. "You were just holding it? Is that why your eyes are bloodshot?" I asked. He got up out of the seat he and Jordan were sitting at. He walked towards me. Once he got close I took a step back. I can tell it threw him off. "Lani?" He said softly. I walked back inside, refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

They both followed me inside. Jordan took Liliana upstairs, giving us our space. "Lani." He broke the bitter silence. I shook my head to myself then turned around to face him. "You know how I feel about smoking. I told you about it. But I guess that doesn't matter, right?" I said, holding back my tears. I secretly don't like when Jordan smokes. The smell reminds me of our mom who reminds me of Kevin which gives me flashbacks of what caused me to move to LA in the first place.

"I'm sorry. I was just really stressed out and nothing would help but that." He said. "You could've told me." I said quietly. "I'm sorry." He apologized again. I stayed silent. "Baby? Let me make it up to you." He said as he walked closer to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. Don't let your feelings for him blind your decisions. "I think you should go." I said softly. "Lani, please? I'll make it up to you. I promise." He pleaded. I walked away, going up to my room, shutting the door behind me.

A few seconds later a soft knock sounded at the door. Zion let himself in. I turned my back to him. He came up behind me, placing his hand on my waist. "I'm sorry. Please believe me when I tell you I'll never do it again. I'm so sorry, Lani." He said. I stayed silent. Don't let your feeling for him blind your decisions. "Baby?" He tried again. I turned my head to face him. He walked around me to be in front of me. He kissed either side of my cheeks. He dropped to his knees, pulling me closer by the belt loops of my pants. "I'll make it up to you. I promise." He said before unbuttoning my pants.