14//

*Leilani's POV*

I woke up at 6 am. I scheduled a tour of the house I'm thinking of buying today.

I got up out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

I walked out of my bathroom and into my closet. I looked for an outfit to wear in the section where all my clothes are.

I put on my black shirt with white text that says "el Pueblo unido jamás serâ vencido" with my favorite ripped jeans and my blue Jordan's

I put on my black shirt with white text that says "el Pueblo unido jamás serâ vencido" with my favorite ripped jeans and my blue Jordan's. (Ignore the necklaces Leilani isn't wearing those.)

I pulled up the address for the house and ordered an uber to get me there. I really need my license. I already had one but it expired.

*Skip the trip there*

I got out the car and walked up to the front door where I met the real estate agent.

She showed me around the house and told me about everything the house had to offer. "So how many people would be living here?" She asked. "Me and my seven siblings." I said. "Then this sounds like the perfect space for you all." She said with a fake smile on her face.

I really need this house. She handed me the contract to read over.

I bought the house. I used the money my dad left for me in his will to use to make sure we all have a stable roof over our heads, food on our table, clothes on our bodies and knowledge in our brains.

My dad died when I was 14. He was the main provider for us because my mom couldn't work since she wasn't a legal American citizen. My dad was a construction worker. He was building a really huge building in D.C. He was on his lunch break on the back of a pick up truck with his helmet off when one of the glass windows fell and landed on him. The worst year of my life was that first year I spent without my dad. Not to mention, Jacob was barely a year old when this happened.

He had a bank account no one knew about that he left to me in his will because he knew I'd spend the money wisely on things that are beneficial for us. The first thing he wanted me to purchase with the money was a home for us far away from our mom.

I managed to convince the lady to lower the price by $50,000.

The lady walked me out and put a sold sign on the house. I had an inspector go to the house today to make sure everything it good.

I went back to the house after getting lunch with Liliana. I didn't tell her about the house yet. The inspector checked everywhere and informed me that the house was good. There's no mold, water leaks, insulation problems or anything wrong with the house structurally.