35//

I woke up the next morning to disappointment. I rolled over to see Zion by my side but I had forgotten he left last night. I checked my phone to see if he texted me.

good morning baby. we landed a little while ago. i'll call you later if i can. i miss you already. have a good day my love.

A smile spread across my face. I texted him back.

it's only 8:26 in the morning and you already made my day. i'm glad you made it safe baby. have a great day in london. i miss you.

I got a text from Daniel.

good morning leilani. we're going to disney land today. you guys wanna come?

Who could turn down Disney?

good morning D. what time?

around noon

gotcha. we'll be there.

see you there best friend.

I got out of bed and headed for my closet. I looked around debating what to wear. I looked on the top shelf of my closet. Something drew me to taking the black box that had been sitting up there since we had moved in. I managed to get the box for myself and sat with it on the floor. Inside the box is memories from my childhood with my family.

I looked through the pictures. My first birthday party where I had frosting all over my face. My first Christmas. The day my parents brought Jordan home. My mom each month she was pregnant with Liliana. When we moved to the US. The sunflower patch we passed by when we were coming from the airport. A picture of my dad holding me while I was sleeping. I held the picture close to my heart. I miss him. When my dad took us to Texas to see family down there. Brandon in one of the play sets his parents had got for him and Haile. My dad holding Brandon, Jordan and I. My mom and her sisters. I miss her.

As I picked up another picture, I got a phone call from an unknown number. My gut is telling me to answer it so I did.

________________________________

L- Leilani
UK- unknown

L- Hello?
UK- Hi is this Leilani Baylosis- Arreaga ?
L- Yes. May I ask who's calling?
UK- Hi this is Pam. I have your mother here who's been dying to talk to you.
L- O-okay.
M: Leilani?
L: Mommy?
M: Hi baby!
L: You can speak English now?
M: Just a bit.
L: Wait where are you?
M: I'm in Florida. Right that's where we are?
UK: Yes we're in Florida.
L: They let you out?
M: Yes. I filled out immigration papers and I have my Visa now.
L: Oh.
M: How are my babies?
L: They- They're great.
M: Really?
L: Yes I've been taking good care of them.
M: Good. Well when can I see you guys?
L: Uh we go to Florida next week.
M: Next week. Next week. That perfect!
L: I have a show there next week. Maybe you can come watch.
M: You're still doing that music thing.
L: Yes.
M: When are you going to get out of the phase?
L: It's not a phase mommy. I've taken care of your children with the money I made from that "phase"
M: What ever you say my dear. I see you next week.
L: Okay mommy.
* sirens wailing on the other line*
M: Lani I have to go. I'll see you next week.
L: O-okay.

Call ended.
________________________________

Next week. I don't really know if I want to see her. She put us all through so much I don't want her back in our lives messing things up all over again.