Jealous Type

"Where are you going?" Harry said firmly as his eyes locked with yours within seconds of coming down the stairs. You smoothed the slight wrinkles in your dress as you came to the bottom of the stairs. Harry’s eyes were still intently focused on you.

"Out." You said as you began to check over all the things you would need for the night. You had your makeup, your phone and your charger…shit. You placed your slightly full purse on the kitchen counter and started for the stairs to grab your phone charger.

"Why don’t you stay here with me?" Harry said softly as he flipped through the television channels. He was of course spending his Friday night sitting on your couch eating your food and watching your television but you wouldn’t have it any other way.

"Harry I’ve spent the past 4 Friday’s sitting on the couch watching television with you. I want to go out clubbing for at least one night." You continued as you headed up the stairs to retrieve your phone charger. You figured the discussion was over once you headed upstairs but the sound of Harry trailing up behind you said otherwise. 

"Please Y/N," he begged as you scanned around the room to find your charger. 

You grabbed the white cable and turned to head out of the room. “Next week Harry,” you promised. He sighed in response and silently trailed behind you down the stairs.

"Fine," he began. You could tell he was up to something and you were dreading it. "I’ll come with you." He stated and you tried your best to conceal the heavy sigh from coming out of your mouth.

"I was planning on going with some of my friends…" your voice trailed off hoping he’d take the hint. 

"That’s fine," He pressed on. "I’m sure they won’t mind." He was intent on tagging along and you had no clue why.

"Alright…" you caved and Harry smugly put on his sneakers. He then tousled his hair slightly before tagging along with you to your car.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I would be lying if I said it didn’t bother me knowing Y/N was planning to go out clubbing with her friends. I’m a guy and I know how guys look at girls like her. Beautiful girls like Y/N are always the center of attention at clubs and I knew that once she set foot in that room all eyes would be on her.

Something about knowing my Y/N…I mean Y/N being in a club dancing while guys practically drool at her made me feel irritable. I would much rather her stay with me inside watching shitty old movies until we fell asleep on each other shoulders and then we’d wake up pretending like we didn’t mean to do that. Or at least I didn’t pretend to.

The car ride to the club was weird and I knew she was mentally cursing at me for shoving my way inside of her business. I couldn’t help it. It would kill me to even picture her getting hit on by another guy. 

We got out of the car and headed to the line leading into the club. It moved fairly quickly and within a minute or two we were inside. The lights were dim and the music was blaring through the speakers. The bar was crowded with guys who were desperately trying to get drinks for the girls on the dance floor so they could impress them. How sad.

"Y/N!" A girly voice called over the music and soon enough Y/N’s girl clan swarmed around her and pulled her to the dance floor. I swear girls have like gps systems on one another because they always seem to find each other within seconds. 

Y/N immediately began to talk to her friends even though it was virtually impossible to hear over the music. I decided I should keep my distance from her and watch from afar to make sure things were going well and by that I mean that no guy tries to hit on her.

20 minutes pass and I’m still leaning against the bar like a fool. I’m still watching Y/N as discreetly as possible but it’s clearly not working to well. She gives me these irritated looks every few moments and I try to make her laugh by making weird faces at her, thankfully it works. 

"Shit man I’m so sorry!" A guy calls over the music and by the time I look down my shirt is covered in beer. The guy grabs a few napkins and hands them to me so I can clean off my shirt. I immediately regret asking for that beer.

A few minutes pass I manage to get the bulk of the liquid off of my shirt even though the smell still lingers. I peer over at Y/N and I want to scream. She’s standing in the middle of the dance floor while a guy stands in front of her making googly eyes. He’s practically drooling over her. The new beer can I ordered in my hand is crushed with my fist in seconds and before I knew it I was making my way across the dance floor.

I immediately walk over to Y/N and wrap my arm around her shoulder to show the guy that she’s mine…or at least make him think that she’s mine. 

"Hey Y/N," I say softly but in a sensual manner that makes the guy walk away from her. She flings my arm off of her shoulder and yells over the music.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I don’t know and if I did know I wouldn’t know how to explain it.

"I just-"

"Take me home! Now!" She calls and I do as I’m told.

*********

The car ride is silent and I know she’s just boiling up with anger. It’s only a matter of time before I get my ass handed to me. I do regret my actions but I couldn’t help them. That guy was all over her and I couldn’t control the rage from pouring out of me.

We walk out of the car and into the front door and when it closes shut, her anger pours out.

"What the hell were you thinking!?" She yells out at me while flinging her heels off of her feet. "I wanted to have one nice night out with my friends, just one measly night and you had to tag along and ruin it!" Her shoes slam against the floor and I stay silent. She needs to get this all out and I did not want to annoy her further.

"I don’t ask for much Harry. I let you eat all my food and lay on my couch all the time and for one night I asked you nicely to let me hang out with my friends. Actually no, I told you I was going to hang out with my friends and what do you do? You tag along and then scare away a guy who I was simply talking to. You’re not my fucking father Harry! You can’t decide who I can and cannot talk to! I can’t belie-" She yells and I cut her off by walking up to her and pressing my lips against hers.

She fights me at first by slapping the back of my head but soon she stops. Her arms wrap around my neck and our kiss deepens. 

"That’s why I did that," I mumble against her lips and she then silences me by kissing me more.