spitting image

“Harry?” You asked sleepily. It was about three in the morning and you thought you had heard your one year old daughter, Olivia Marie Styles, crying in the other room.

Harry didn’t respond.

You frowned and turned on the lamp on your bedside table and saw that Harry wasn’t in the bed next to you.

“Harry?!” You called out.

No reply.

You quickly got out of bed and ran into Olivia’s room and smiled when you saw that Harry was asleep in the rocking chair with Olivia on his chest.

You quickly went into your room and grabbed your phone and ran back into Olivia’s room. You quickly took a picture of the two and went back to bed.

~*~

The next day, you were making lunch with Harry while Olivia slept.

“Thanks for getting Liv last night when she started crying.” You said to Harry.

“No problem.” Harry said. He looked at you and smiled.

“I got a really cute pic of you two.”

“Oh you did?”

You nodded, pulled out your phone and showed it to Harry.

Harry smiled.

You smiled back.

“Ahh, ahh!” You heard Olivia whine.

“I’ll go get her.” You told Harry.

Harry nodded and began to take over.

You walked into Olivia’s room and picked her up. “Why hello beautiful!” You said to her with a smile.

Olivia smiled and touched your cheek. She was a spitting image of Harry. She had his curly brown hair and his moss green eyes and his smile that lit up a room whenever it was shown.

“Let’s go see Daddy!” You said as you carried her downstairs and into the kitchen where Harry was.

Harry smiled when he saw Olivia and took her from you. “Hi Princess!” He said.

Olivia smiled. “D-!” She said.

“D?” Harry asked.

You smiled.

“Da-…! Ahha! Da!!” Olivia sputtered.

“Are you trying to say ‘Daddy’?” You asked Olivia with a huge smile.

Olivia giggled as if to say ‘Yes’!

Harry smiled widely. “Say it Olivia!” He encouraged her. “Say Daddy!”

“Daaa!” Olivia tried.

You smiled.

“Dada!”

“Oh my God!” You said and looked at Harry.

“She just said her first word!” Harry beamed.

“Say it again, Olivia!”

“Dada, Dada, Dada!” Olivia began to chant.

You and Harry both smiled.

It was the first of many amazing moments that you and Harry shared while raising Olivia.