Chapter 36

Author's POV

"Oh, must be a mistake hehe, our baby is seven months o-"

"Seolhyun, tell me the truth. Is this really my baby or not? You were one month pregnant two months after we did it."

"Jungkook, I-"

"Spill."

"Jungkook, what else can I do? There's nothing else I could do." she cried, her throat almost becoming dry from anxiety.

"So this isn't my baby?"

"What else could I do to make you believe huh?"

"Well if it isn't my baby who's is it?"

"That's not important right now."

"So this whole time, I've wasted all my life for this? Jiyeon ignored me because of this. I've lived miserably because of this."

Seolhyun had her head hung low while Jungkook fumed in anger, pulling his hair in frustration.

His gaze shifted towards Doctor Mingyu, who had a worried expression plastered on his face.

"You knew about this? Those fake results? What did she do huh? Are you the father of her baby? Did she pay you to lie as a doctor huh?" he stomped towards Mingyu, gripping on his collar.

"Tell me, that Jiyeon who you were talking about. If you had no other option, if your girlfriend was kidnapped, wouldn't you do anything just to save her? What if you were forced to lie just to help her huh?"

Jungkook's eyes softened at his words, it was like everything made much more sense to him.

"As much as I wanted to tell you what's really going on, I can't." Mingyu's eyes swelled with tears.

[Flashback; Author's POV]

Seolhyun was desperate for someone to cover her up, but the closest person she knew who was a doctor was Kim Mingyu, a doctor who was her oppa's friend.

Mingyu used to go to their house frequently years back, but he always used to leave early because he thought of Seolhyun as some kind of 'attention seeker.'

But today it was unexpected that Seolhyun came to visit Mingyu at his office.

He doesn't even know how Seolhyun knew where his office was.

"Oppa, I need your help~" Seolhyun cooed as she entered his office.

"Don't oppa me, you-"

Seolhyun rolled her eyes at him in annoyance.

"Okay whatever, but I really, really need your help."

"I'm not even interested to talk to you, how can you even expect me to help you?"

"But I need a doctor Mingyu-ssi."

"I'm not a plastic surgeon though, even if I was, your face is unfixable."

"Shut up, I don't need your opinion about my face, it's perfect the way it is." she hairflipped exaggeratingly.

"Well then I guess you haven't looked at the mirror too much have you?" Mingyu clicked his tongue in annoyance.

(a/n: y'all i think i left the oven on ahahaha.)

"But Mingyu-ssi~ I'm really, really, really desperate and I really, really, really need you to-"

"No, whatever that is, I won't do it. Now get out before I call security."