Chapter 54

(a/n: y'all are lucky i had time yesterday.)

Author's POV

A loud thud was heard as soon as Jiyeon's body crashed down onto the hard concrete of the school grounds.

Unlike the usual, a pool of blood wasn't there as she fell to the ground.

Not many people were there during that time however, Jungkook was still waiting patiently near the lockers.

Yeji smirked in victory, looking down at Jiyeon's body which fell from the school building.

Jungkook began to grow impatient, so he didn't care whatever Jiyeon said hence he made his way to the rooftop.

He was being eaten by the fear of Jiyeon possibly cheating on him with Taehyung once he saw them at the rooftop, but he tried his best to remind himself that Jiyeon was nothing like him.

Instead of shock or hurt, he began to worry and feel confused after not seeing Jiyeon there, only to have stumbled upon a familiar figure the moment he enters.

"Hey, watch where you're go- Yeji?"

Yeji crossed her arms, looking at Jungkook with her eyebrow raised.

"What do you need?"

"Why are you here too? Have you seen Jiyeon?"

"Hmm, Jiyeon? I haven't seen her in a while, I was here this whole time but there was no sign of her." Yeji shrugged innocently.

"She said she'd be at the rooftop."

"Maybe she's at Taehyung's house, who knows?" Yeji shrugged again.

"I have to go look for her." Jungkook spoke with anxiety in his tone.

"Wait." Yeji stopped him, her hand holding onto his wrist.

"What do you want?" he grumbled.

"You know you can always come back to me right?" she smirked, attempting to pull him closer but Jungkook got free from her grip.

"We were over a long time ago." he scoffed, leaving Yeji alone.

He went around the corridors trying to search for Jiyeon but there was no sign of anyone.

Meanwhile he searched, a student nearby saw that Jiyeon laid unconsciously on the ground therefore he called the ambulance that a girl looked like she fell from the rooftop.

The ambulance came in a hurry, reaching after five minutes or so while Jungkook was still busy searching around.

He checked all the floors but there was still no sign of her, he didn't hear the ambulance in the school grounds.

Jungkook went back to the rooftop, wondering why Yeji was still standing there.

"Oh, you come back for me, eh?" she smirked, making Jungkook roll his eyes and made his way to the school exit.

By the time Jungkook was at the gate, the ambulance left about two minutes before he was there, leaving no trace of Jiyeon.

Out of desperation, he drove to Taehyung's house with a bit of hope that Jiyeon might be there.

She said that Taehyung was the one who asked her to come anyways.

But if she was there, why wouldn't she tell him?

Couldn't she at least inform him that after they talked on the rooftop, she went to his house afterwards?

He knocked furiously on the Taehyung's door, he knew that his parents wouldn't be there yet.