Chapter 38

Jiyeon's POV

"Wait, Doctor Mingyu as in Doctor Kim Mingyu? As in the guy with the black hair and the sharp jawline and about 6'1"?"

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Oh, he's my cousin and he's inviting me to his wedding in a few months. He said I can take another person with me."

"Okay, so who do you plan to take to his wedding?" he asked curiously.

"Hmm, I don't know." I shrugged, but my inner self wanted to ask Jungkook to come with me.

But I'm not so sure because it might sound weird, like as if I'm asking him out which I am.

I don't know if he might've wanted to come with me either because it's the same doctor who faked the results.

"So are we cool now?" Jungkook asked, disrupting me from my thoughts.

"Whatever." I replied uninterestingly, but still making Jungkook smile slightly.

~~

Here I am stuck in detention with none other than Jungkook, looking purely innocent as he sat in his chair quietly.

Since when was he this innocent though?

"You seem different." I spoke up, getting his attention.

"Different? In what sense?"

(a/n: in the 7th sense by nct u lmao. OPEN YOUR RICE.)

"Different as in you seem so quiet and so innocent and so unperverted and so unhorny. You get what I mean?"

"Yeah, do you expect me to be horny right after all of this whole incident thing?"

"Not really but it just seems so unlike you."

Silence filled the room and it was awkward tension between us again.

Suddenly, my phone vibrated indicating that I got a message, but it wasn't from Jungkook however.

1 unread message from 'mingyu oppar'

mingyu oppar: yeon-ah~

mingyu oppar: my wedding was preponed

me: preponed?

me: to when?

mingyu oppar: three days from now

mingyu oppar: we've found mina

me: but i haven't done much preparations for your wedding yet ; - ;

mingyu oppar: nor did i

mingyu oppa: but mina says to arrange it earlier before anything else happens

me: so now what do i do

mingyu oppar: remember i told you to bring someone along with you?

me: yea

me: okay so who do i bring

mingyu oppar: whoever

mingyu oppar: some kind of partner or something

mingyu oppar: don't you have any guy friends or anything?

me: can't i bring my best friends?

mingyu oppar: only one though