Chapter 45

Jiyeon's POV

I know my answer already, I like you too, Jeon Jungkook.

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same."

"W-what?"

"Umm, look, I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Park Jiyeon, if this is some kind of joke, it's really not funny."

"It isn't some kind of joke, I hope you can just understand that I'm not ready yet, not with you at least, I guess."

"What do you mean not with me at least? Is there something wrong with me?"

"Look, my point is I don't think I'm ready yet."

"If you aren't ready yet then I can wait."

"You can wait as long, but I don't think it's worth waiting for me anymore."

"You're dating someone else?"

"No, no I'm not. I just think I'm not ready for this, this whole thing. I don't think I'm ready to trust anyone just yet."

"So you're saying you can't date me because you don't trust me?"

"Something like that, well kind of?"

"Why don't you trust me? I'm not a stranger anymore, we've known each other for some time now. If I asked you to date me months ago then I'll understand why you'll refuse. But now it doesn't make sense anymore, Jiyeon. After all of that, you're going to tell me you've never felt anything?"

"I didn't say I didn't feel anything, it's just me and my trust issues kicking in. What do you mean by after all of that anyway?"

"Stop being so oblivious, after all of that, we've spent those hours of long detention together, all of those moments, may it be happy or romantic or horny or whatever. After all of that you're saying you don't trust me?"

"It's not about me trusting you, I just have some kind of trust issues that's all."

"How can you not trust me though? Don't tell me you just gave your V Card to some random stranger you don't trust."

"Can't you just process it in that coconut head of yours that I don't think I'm not ready to date you yet?"

"Can't you process it in that thick ass of yours that I told you that I'm going to wait for you?"

"I already told you- Wait, why my ass?"

"That's where your brain is perhaps."

"Excuse me?"

"No wonder you're refusing, it's better to think with the brain in your head."

"Hey, just because I rejected your sorry ass doesn't mean you have to talk shit about me."

"What's the problem with me anyway? Your reasons are almost invalid."

"If I didn't know better, I'd think you're desperate."

"Desperate for what?"

"Desperate to date me or something."

Awkward silence took over the atmosphere, and soon my words started to echo in my own head.

"It's just that I don't understand your reasons of wanting to go out with me. Someone else in school would've probably been hyped if you asked them out. A lot of people you've made out with would be more than happy if you got back together."

"So is that why you've been refusing this whole time?"

"H-huh?"

"You're worried because if we'd go out then the other girls who I've been with would attack you or something?"