Chapter 53

Jiyeon's POV

"So this might seem weird and crazy. I know I helped you to get Jungkook back but holy shit, I think I'm falling for you."

Taehyung's words echoed in my head constantly so I reacted immediately; my mouth agape and my eyes widened in astonishment.

I stared at him which had been for more than half a minute now, leaving him confused because of my state.

"Um, Jiyeon are you still there?" he said, waving a hand in front of me.

"Uh, y-yeah?"

"You haven't been responding for like a minute now, I guess it's a way to reject someone's confession?"

"It is? I mean what?"

"Fine, I get it, you have Jeon Jungkook now so it's okay if you don't feel the sa-"

"Wait, wait, wait."

"You're accepting my confession?" his face lightened up suddenly.

"No, but-" I was interrupted by Taehyung's sudden frown.

"Look, don't go around telling me 'It's okay if you don't feel the same' and all that shit then you end up being depressed and then suicide. No. I'll help you find your girlfriend, but like you said, you're the one who helped me to be with Jungkook eventually."

"So what does that make us?"

"Best friends." I said enthusiastically, my lips curving into a smile to possibly make him feel better.

"Ouch, I just got friend zoned." he said sarcastically, his hand on his chest dramatically as if hurt.

"But best friend zoned though, remember."

Taehyung smiled widely afterwards, soon pulling me to a very tight embrace like some five year old who hasn't seen his friend in a long time.

"But dude, don't worry, you can be my side hoe, just don't tell Jungkook okay?" I whispered jokingly.

He chuckled at my joke while playing along.

"I'll go to your house later after school then." he too, pretended to whisper.

We went back to our seats to see three confused faces and a jealous seagull.

Jungkook's arms were crossed as I sat beside him.

His piercing gaze didn't stop until I actually looked at him with a confused face.

"What?" I asked, continuing to eat my food.

"Where were you and Taehyung?"

"Uh, over there?" I said, pointing towards where we came from.

"And what did you do?"

"Talked."

"About?"

"To ask him why he was sulking so suddenly."

"What for?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I want to know."

"Yeah, and I'm the jealous penguin. If I hadn't known any better I'd say you're a jealous seagull."

~~

We were in the middle of the last lesson when Mr Jung was teaching us about atoms.

"So let's say for example we have the nucleus." he closes his fist and shows it in front of the class, his fist acting as a model.