Chapter 56

Author's POV

(a/n: #PlsDoNotKillMeSinceIUpdatedAfterSoLong #ILeftTheBookWhereIPlanThisBookAtSchoolAndItsHolidaysRightNow #HappyNewYearMySacredPotatoes)

Unfortunately, Jungkook had to go to school without his girlfriend, she was still too weak to come to school despite her convincing smile.

He had been busy chanting in his mind since he'll probably have no one to talk to today.

"Jungkook, it's just one day. Jungkook, it's just one day. Jungkook, it's just one-"

"HEY BRO HOW'S IT GOING? LONG TIME NO SEE." a familiar voice interrupted his chants.

At first he had thought whether it was one of his old friends back in second grade, probably, but as soon as he turned his back, they just saw each other yesterday.

"Taehyung, quieten down before some teacher comes."

However, ninety nine percent of the students were already glaring at him.

"It's fine bro. How's Jiyeon? Still in the hospital?"

"No shit, she's at the supermarket."

"Wait, what's she doing at a supermarket? She was in the hospital just yesterday."

Jungkook internally facepalm since he decided not to answer any further before he explodes.

"Bro, I think I'll sit here in Jiyeon's place since she's not here anyway and also you look like you're lonely. You're welcome."

"I never said thank you."

"Thank you."

~~

Like the usual, English was the first lesson of the day, but it wasn't the teacher they expected.

'Wait, what the hell? Where's Mr Seokjin?' Jungkook thought to himself.

"Good morning children. Your English teacher, Mr Seokjin won't be coming today. That's why I'm the substitute for today's lesson."

"Wait, sir, you know English?" a student abruptly asked.

"Yeah of course I know English. I have a sexier brain than any of you could ever have." he sassed, sitting on the teacher's desk while taking out stuff from his bag (full of trophies).

There was a moment of silence when another student decided to break the ice.

"Sir, where's Mr Seokjin?"

"Oh well. He's too tired and unfortunately couldn't come today."

"What happened to him, sir?"

The older male completely halted whatever he was doing and faced the class with rather a wide smirk.

"All I can tell you children is that they don't call me the God of Destruction for no reason."

'What has this society come to?' Jungkook thinks again, still quiet in his seat while his seatmate found his quietude too odd.

~~

"What lesson are you all on? What was Mr Seokjin teaching recently?"

"Our recent lesson was about food and how you spell different types of food like pizza and pasta, sir." the same student replied.

"What has he been teaching you this whole time? Tsk, tsk. You're about to graduate and you won't be interviewed about how to spell food when you get a job."

The whole class shrugged, however.

"So children, instead of food today, we'll be writing stories. If you can't complete it by today then finish it at home and submit it after the weekends."