What happened to you? - Peter Pan x reader (OUAT)

"Peter....." You say. You were shocked. This is the boy you fell in love with? The redheaded, sweet, daredevil that would never hurt a living soul?

"It's Pan now." He replied.

"Peter, what happened to you?" You ask, about to hold his cheek. He smacks your hand away.

"I spent years looking for you. I spent every living moment since the day you moved away from London, searching for you. And this is the reaction I get? 'What happened to you?' " he said.

"Peter, you weren't here the night before I moved. In fact, you were here any of that month when I figured out. Why are you mad at me?" You ask. He was taken aback. "Peter, I didn't figure out until your last visit, and that was over 7 years ago. I wanted to tell you-" he cuts you off.

"I loved you. I loved you with all my heart. I loved the way you told stries to the lost boys, I loved how you and Tink finally became friends, I loved how you beat off Wendy when she tried to kiss me, I loved how you were everything you are now." He says. You gasp. "The minute you were no longer leaving your window open, the moment I realized you moved, I was devastated. I wouldn't come out of my treehouse for days. Tink told me that you probably only moved to another house in London, but no. You moved over 10,000 miles away!" He screams. "I looked in every house I came across for the next 7 years, to find you in this house. You were happy. You finally had a moments peace. You finally found what you wanted. Want me to tell you what it is? It was someone else. I could've made you happy, I could've let you move to Neverland with me, I could've...." he trails off. "I could've been with you these last 7 years, [name]."

"Peter, it's not my fault, you weren't coming to my window anymore, you weren't visiting, I didn't know that I was moving until after the visit. I tried to get you back so I could tell you, but you weren't listening." You say. "I tried Peter. But I failed. So go ahead, be mad at me, I don't care. But answer me one thing, Peter." You pause. "What happened to you."

You had caught him. He couldn't stay mad at you, he loved you with his heart. That is, if he had one anymore.

"What happened to me?  I'll tell you what happened to me. I learned that the world is a cruel, dark place, and the only way to survive is to be cruel and dark yourself. I had to change to survive out here." He said. He sighs. "But I guess that's not what you wanted."

"Peter-" He cuts you off.

"Goodbye, [name]." He said, jumping out the window, you rush to the window and look down, and see him flying into the night air.

"Peter!" You scream after him.

He had regretted what he said, so had you. You sobbed, laying your head in your arms on the windowsill.

"What have I done." You both whispered, as you and him grew apart.

He had never seen you again. He left for years, checking up on you without you knowing. You eventally moved on. You found another man. You had married the man, and had a baby boy with him. One day, Peter was at the window, and for once you caught him. You put down your child to sleep, and went to the window.

"Hello Peter. It's been a long time." You say. You had reached the age of 30, he was still a 17 year old boy. He sighs.

"It has, hasn't it." He replies. "I see you have a family of your own now."

You nod. "Yes. I named the boy after the man I loved, that I still love." You say.

"After your husband?" He asks, his eyes filled with sorrow.

"I named him Peter."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Big thanks to Disneylover8 for the inspiration of this!