Meet me inside - Alexander x reader (Hamilton)

"Lee, do you yield?" I ask. I had just shot Lee. Aaron, my brother, was at his side.

"You shot him in the side, yes he yields!" My brother yells.

"I'm satisfied." Alex said from the sidelines.

"We have to clear the field." My brother said. Aaron was Lee's number two in our duel, Alexander was mine.

"Hey, we won." I say to Alexander.

"Here comes the general!" Someone shouts.

"This should be fun." Aaron mutters.

"What is the meaning of this?!" I hear. I turn and see the general. "Mr. Burr, get a medic for the general."

"Yes sir!" My brother says running to get a doctor.

"Lee, you will never agree with me, but believe me, these young men don't speak for me." The general says. "Thank you your service."

"Let's ride!" Someone said. I was about to go for my horse, when General stopped me.

"Burr?" He asks.

"Yes?" I ask, about to get on my horse.

"Meet me inside."

I walk into the general's office, standing in front of his desk. I wait as he sits down, a serious and terrifying look on his face.

"Son-"

"Don't call me son." I say, aggravated.

"This war is hard enough without in fight."

"Lee called you out, we called his bluff-"

"You solve nothing! You aggravate our allies through the south!" He yells.

"You're absolutely right, I should've shot him in the mouth." I say. "That would've shut him up."

"Son-"

"I'm not. Your. Son."

"Watch your tone!" He says. "I am not a maiden [like you] in need of defending."

(Only insert the [like you] if your a girl)

"Charles Lee, Thomas Conway, these man take your name and rake it through the mud." I say, enunciating the last part.

"My name's been through a lot, I can handle it." He says, standing, fingertips on desk.

"Well I don't have your name, I don't have your titles, I don't have your land." I say. "But if you-"

"No."

"If you gave me command of a battalion, a group of men to lead, I could fly above my station after the war!" I say, maddening by the second.

"Or you could die, and we need you alive!"

"I am more than willing to die!"

"[Alexander/your wife/other] needs you alive, son I need you alive-"

"Call me son one more time!!" I yell at the top of my lungs. My chest was rising and falling heavily.

"Go home, [name]. That is an order from your commander." I was taken aback. He just said he needed me, he just said he wanted me to live and work for him - now he was sending me home.

"Sir-"

"Go. Home."

I stomp out of his office, past Alexander. He followed me.

"[name]-"

"Did you do this?" I say. I turn to him. "Did you tell him to send me home?"

He freezes. Sympathy and empathy filled his eyes. He didn't say anything. We heard gunshots in the distance, horses clopping through mud.

"[name] I'm sorry-"

"I knew it!" I say. "Why did you tell him to send me home?! I am more than willing to fight, to die, to at least kill a few British for our country!"

"Look around, [name]." He said. "It's brutal out there. You're lucky enough to be alive right now."

"Alexander, just tell me!"

"Because I want-" he stops.

"Want what?! Huh?!" I say. "Alexander spit it out."

"Because I want you to be alive." He says. "I want you to live a full life, with or without me. Have a family, as long as it means you are alive."

I step back. I didn't even know what to say. He knew.

"How long have you known."

"For a month."

That was the length of time I had [been pregnant/gotten (random girl) pregnant]. I didn't tell anyone, yet he knew.

"How." I say.

"Because [I know I'm the father/she told me]."

I didn't say anything. Aaron ran up on his horse.

"What happened?" He asks. Alexander turns to him.

"Take [name] home. Orders by General Washington."

Aaron looked at me, surprised. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "He told me himself."

Aaron waited a second. "Alright..get on little [sis/brother/sibling]."

I looked back at Alexander as I rode off. His face was still serious. Then it softened as I rode off with Aaron. He dropped to his knees. I look back in the direction we were riding. The only thing on my mind...

Was that he lived through the war.