It reminded me - Beast x reader PRT 2

I walked through the garden in the yard, seeing all the roses. I'm about to pick one, before I hear someone.

"What are you doing?" They ask. I turn around, to see Beast.

"Picking a rose."

"Why?"

"Because I want to give it a place on the diner table." No answer. Then I remember. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, I completely forgot about your thing with roses!" I say, talking my hand away from the flowers.

"No no no no no! It's fine! Really!" He says, shaking his hands. "It's nothing to be sorry over."

"I'm still sorry! I just thought-" I pause trying to think of something. "It looked-" I pause again, starting over again. "It reminded me of- oh, never mind. The point is I'm sorry."

I sit down on the bench, hands on my lap. He sits next to me. He opens his mouth, as if to say something, but then shuts it agin. He finally pipes up.

"Reminds you of what?" He asks. I don't answer. "You don't have to tell me, I'm just wondering." I still don't answer.

"Well, um, I'm gonna head inside." He says, standing up.

"It reminded me of my mother." I say. He stops.

"Your..mother?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say. "Belle was just a baby when she was around. I was bout 4. It was the time of the Plague. It had gotten to our mother. The doctor told us to leave immediately. Dad didn't want to leave, but didn't want to risk Belle and I catching it. Belle still doesn't know to this day what happened to our mother." I pause. My voice was shaken. I never told this story to anyone. Dad and I had this agreement where only we could know. He looks at me sincerely. "It's the one story Dad and I never brought ourselves to tell her."

"I'm sorry...you didn't have to talk about it if you didn't want to." He says. I smile weakly.

"No, it's fine. I'm glad I finally get to tell someone." I say. I look at the gates of the castle. He looks at it too.

"You miss them, don't you?" He asks. I nod. "And...I bet you miss her too." I nod once again. The next words he said caught my attention.

"You could visit them. You could visit...her." I turn to him, shocked.

"H-how?"

~~timeskip SO MANY TIMESKIPS FOR THESE PARTS~~
We walk into the library. He brings out a golden book.

"It was...part of the curse. The enchantress gave it to me, just to taunt me. It can take you any place in the world, but no one would except a beast like me." He pauses. "But they would except you." He says. I open it, but he carefully shuts it. "Be careful, it will take you anywhere you think of once you think of it. Have the place in your mind."

I close my eyes, thinking of our old house in the attic. I open the book, transporting the Beast and I to the attic.

"Where are we?" He asks.

"Paris." I state simply. I look around. He hums.

"Where would you like to go first? The Notre Dame? Eiffel Tower?" He asks. I turn to him, sort of shocked that it brought us here. "What, too tourist-y?"

"It's smaller than I remember." I say, going back to looking around.

"Where...in Paris are we?" He asks.

"The attic I grew up in." I say. I see the bed, and walk to it. I take Belle's rose rattle in my hand, holding it, remembering. I flashback..

~~FLASHBACK~~
"You must leave immediately." A man in a long coat and weird mask says to dad. He leaves, taking his leather bag with him. I turn to mom on the bed, he face blistering with black spots.

"Mommy?" I ask. "Will you be alright?"

She turns to me, tears pricking her eyes. "Yes, baby. Don't worry about mommy. Go with daddy." She says, about to hold my face. She stops, as if she's afraid to touch me.

"Will I see mommy again?" I ask.

"Yes baby. Unfortunetly not anytime soon." She says. Dad turns to her, surprised.

~~pause~~
She made promises she could never keep..
~~unpause~~
As dad took the painting of mommy, Belle, and I, then grabbing Belle's basket, he turns to me.

"[nickname]." He says softly, but sadly. "It's time to go."

"But I want to stay with mommy!" I say. He smiles sadly.

"I know honey, but mommy doesn't want you to get hurt." He says, hugging me. I turn to mommy again.

"Bye, bye, mommy." I say. Dad hands me Belle's baby basket. The last thing I saw of mom was her, kissing the rattle.
~~end of flashback~~
By then I was crying. Just the thought of mom was horrifyingly sad for me. Beast looks at sincerely, walking to me.

"This is the Paris of my childhood.
These were the boarders of my life.
In this crumbly, dusty attic,
Where an artist loved his wife." I sang softly, trying not to cry.
"Easy to remember,
Harder to move on.
Knowing the Paris of my childhood....
Is gone."

Beast pulls me into a hug, and I cry my eyes out.

"You're ok. I am so sorry, I didn't know this would happen." He whispers.

"Thank you..." I say. He looks at me, surprised.

"For what? I just brought back horrible memories..."

"The memories that I've learned to cherish."

His eyes widen. But then he smiles. We go back to the castle, and sit in the library. We start talking again, but I knew somehow I was being watched...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Bonus Ending
"What happened?" Cogsworth asks.

"I don't know know, but mademoiselle is crying." Lumiere says sadly.

"Do you think that something bad happened?" Plumette asks. Mrs. Potts smiled.

"No, I think they shared something that will never be forgotten." She says softly.