Come one, come all - Esmeraldo x reader (HOND GENDERBENT)

It was the day for Festival of Fools. You and your 4 sisters had made costumes for the day. Everyone had a mascaraed mask on, except you. You actually wanted to be recognized, unlike your sisters.

"[name]! Come on, let's go!" Your older sister, Belle, called out. Your other 3 sisters - Paloma, Ellie, and Ruth - had already gone out. You and Belle were left.

"Just a second, Belle! There's a few more stitches in my skirt that need to be done." You say, finishing the last of your skirt. You were wearing a bright turquoise crop top (with over the shoulder sleeves) and a sparkly, pastel green skirt that went down to your ankles. Your outfit sparkled in the sun. Damn right, it should, you spent days on the sequins. Your lime green and pastel blue flats didn't match as well, but you didn't care. As long as you had shoes on, you were perfectly fine with it.

"Well, hurry up! You still need to tie your hair up and put on your arm bracelet!" Belle said, tapping her foot. Belle was wearing a long gold and silver dress (sorta like in Beauty and the Beast, except a little more Latin and Aztec feel to it. [Is Latin and Aztec sorta the same? Idk I don't think so.]) that went down her her ankles. Her gold shoes fit perfectly with her outfit, but she spent days on the sequins to get it to have the right glittery feel to it. Her half white, half gold mask on the side of her forehead, ready to be put on at any second. Her long light brown hair was tied up into a bun, showing bits of the braid that she wove her hair into. (Like Anna's hair, except with no white streak and it's brown hair.) suddenly, the bell of the clock tower chimed and she gasped. Your eyes widened.

(This is the mask, except no feather)

"It's already 12 PM!" She says. You quickly sew the last of your outfit, and she helps you tie your hair into a side braid. (Like Elsa's hair, but your hair color.) she quickly put turquoise sequins pins into your hair, and you tie a knot into the string. You button the skirt and rush out with your sister. You see your father out in the fields next to your house. You stop to say goodbye.

"See you soon, father! We'll be back at sunset!" You say. He looks up from the fields and waves goodbye. You run into the streets of town with Belle. Once your at the Festival of Fools, you stop and catch your breath. Belle does the same.

"We made it!" She said. "Since we'll be back by sunset, that should give us about 6 to 7 hours to try out everything!" She says, putting on her mask.

"Shouldn't we find Ruth, Paloma, and Ellie?" You ask.

"Psha, we'll find them later! Now come, I'm feeling like some funnel cake!" Belle says, walking into the crowd. You run up to her.

"Wait up!" You yell after her.

~~TIMESKIP TO SUNSET~~
Later you had found your sisters and you were all having a blast. Who knew the Festival of Fools could be so fun? You had spent the last of your coins on a pie toss, you had to hit a pie square at the target. Your sisters hit the target...while you kept hitting the guy selling it. By now he had an umbrella, dodging the pies. You felt so bad. When you were done, you started walking home. Your sister's ran ahead.

"That was so much fun! I loved it!" Ruth exclaimed. Ruth was always the eccentric one. She was excited about anything. Well, except for snakes and lizards.

"Yeah, that was fun, wasn't it?" Ellie asked, her redhead turning to Belle and Ruth.

"I had a good time." Belle said, hand lightly on her collarbone. She turns to me. "What about you, [name]?"

"Yeah, it was super cool. I just wish I hadn't hit that man so many times with the pie." You say, slumping your shoulders a bit. They laugh.

"That was so funny! Oh! Remember the one stand where you had to..." Ruth said. You didn't hear the rest because the music of a tambourine caught your eye. Er - ear. You turn to where the music was coming from, and walk towards it. A wooden stage, not much higher then your waist, stood before you about 20 yards away. A boy around Ruth's age - 15 or 16 - walks out onto the stage. Well, he more like appears in a poof of green and purple smoke.

"Come one, come all!" He shouts, shaking the tambourine. "Come see the great Gypsy, Esmeraldo!"

You walk forwards a bit. He notices. He turns to you, smiling. His shoulder length locks swish as he steps to the end of the stage.

"Yes! Do come!" He shouts. It starts drawing your attention even closer, wondering what was so great about this....Esmeraldo fellow. Others beside you come up, forming a crowd around the stage. You were happy you got to be at the front, you could see well. You were very short for a 17 year old (shh pretend my children), about 5'2. The boy smiles widely to see the 20 to 30 people forming.

"Now that I have you all here, the show can go on!" He shouts, so the people in the back can hear too. "Introducing the great Esmeraldo!" The boy shouts before dissapearing in the same green and purple smoke. Another man emerges from the smoke, appearing to be about 18, maybe 19. (Shhh keep pretending. Idk his actual age so shh) He holds a tambourine in his hand, just like the boy from before.

They looked moderately the same. The boy had fuzzy, poofy chocolate brown hair with streaks of a caramel and light brown mix. He had light brown skin, almost looking to be more tan then his original skin color.He was about your height, maybe taller. This man had dark brown hair that almost seemed black. His brown skin lit up under the  lights hanging around the building. Suddenly, while you were staring at the man, taking in all his features (NOT ALL OF THEM), you didn't notice that he had started to dance. You jump back to reality, to see the mans emerald eyes staring at you as he started to dance faster.

~~small timeskip~~
Once he was done, you were mesmerized. He was so good at what he did, you didn't even notice the crowd disappearing. He sits on the edge of the stage, staring at you.

"And who are you?" He asks. You snap back to reality.

"O-oh. I'm [name]." You says, stuttering the first part. He chuckles deeply. He must've been 6'2 at least, much taller than you. Even when he was almost put your height, he was still taller.

"I'm Esmeraldo, as my assistant had said at the beginning." He says. "I'm glad you came. It was, heh, sorta funny seeing you out there lost in thought." You blush. Dammit he noticed. You thought.

"Oh, well, it was fun seeing you dance. I thought I was going home after this with my sisters, but then I heard the sound of the other boy shouting and I had to come." You say, explaining what happening. He laughs.

"Yes, Gabriel always had a way of drawing people in." He says, gesturing to backstage. Suddenly, you heard a voice.

"[name]!" You heard. You turn around, to see Ellie and Ruth walking around, calling your name.

"It looks like your friends are here." Esmeraldo says.

"My sisters, yes."

"I shall leave you to them, then. Goodbye, [name]." He says, standing up and walking away. Before disappearing behind the curtain, he turns to smile at you.

Ellie didn't look too happy, and Ruth looked frightened. "[name]!" Ellie says, looking over to you. They run up. "What are you doing over here, you fool! We thought you went home. When father said you hadn't returned we panicked! Where were you?"

You turn to the curtain Esmeraldo went through, sighing happily. You rest your elbow on the edge of the stage, holding your chin in the palm of your hand.

"Having the most wonderful time of my life."