Chapter Two

"Go away!" I yelled at him.

"Mavis, please don't make me do this." He begged. "You know I can't just do that, and I don't like having to get you by force."

"Well I'm not going with you willingly." I glared, crossing my arms over my chest.

He sighed heavily, running his hand over his forehead and over his hair. "Fine.." he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm going to hate this," He grumbled. "I hope you will forgive me." He looked away from me, but up. Almost like he was looking at the sky. "Kent, would you please?" He gestured to me.

Wait what? I turned around to a broken window behind me, in time to see a hand reaching for me. I almost jumped out of my skin, but I did leap backwards, only to not go very far. His fingers curled around me tightly, keeping a firm grip. I instantly started to kick and attempted to pry his fingers open. It had shocked me to see him there, I thought it was just Dash. I would assume Dash came to try to talk, and if I wasn't going willingly then Kent was the back up plan.

He pulled me out of the building, against my will. "Put me down, Kent!" I shouted at him.

"Sorry, shorty."

I glared daggers at him for the nick name, if glares could kill, he would be slaughtered now.

"I'll just let this be his problem." He handed me over to Dash, like I was actually going to kill him, like I was able too.
He took me, having now a gentle grip on me.
While I was squirming when I was being swapped to another holder
"Easy now, easy now."
Dash attempted to calm me since I was trying to slip out of his grip.
Kent already started walking off, then Dash followed.

But of course, being the fighter I am, I kept trying to pull his fingers open and wiggle out of his grasp. After a while, it seemed to pick at his nerves. He brought me up to his face, holding his other hand under me to support my feet.

"Mavis, please stop. Haven't you fought enough for today? You need a break. Just relax."

I crossed my arms like a stubborn two year old. He smiled at me like he knew I was going to listen, then rubbed my head. "Good girl."

He lowered me back to the original spot. I took my hands to brush my hair back into place and fixed my hat, I'm not a dog! It feels like that's how he's treating me! And how am I suppose to take 'a break?'

This was completely uncomfortable, imagine being in this situation. Your movements are restricted, over powered. It's demeaning! It's annoying!

I can't stop because I feel like I'm just giving in, but on the other hand, how am I suppose to get away? Even if I were to get out of his grip, have any idea how high I would have to fall to get to the ground?! Dash is like 50 feet tall!
I sighed, maybe another opportunity will present itself..

_______________

I was jostled awake, I jumped up but of course not able to go anywhere.

"I'm sorry, my dear." Dash apologized.
I looked around, I don't even remember falling asleep. But everything was... so... big... The trees toward higher than you can imagine, about as tall as sky scrapers and the grass would probably come up to my waist, or maybe a little more?
The building we were approaching.. was another story.

"W-Where are we?"

"Home."

Home? This is it.
Wait, no! I don't want to go!
I started to squirm even more, trying to pull myself out of this situation.
"Mavis, please s-"

"Dash, put me down! Rematch!"

"M-Mavis, I'm not gonna do that to you." He looked at me with sympathy.

"Yeah, how are you gonna get back. Your city is far away from here. At least for you, it'll take you age- ow!"

Dash elbowed him, narrowing his eyes at the blonde as a way to tell him to shut up.
Then he looked back to me, calmly. "Ignore him, it's just-"

"I can do it! Let me do it, let me try at least this once!" I squirmed more. He looked to his brother, then gave in.

"Fine," he began to lower himself to the ground. "If we catch you, you have to go with us without a fight. But if you get away, then you can return to the city by yourself." He started to lower me to the ground as well.

"Yeah yeah, whatever!" I almost bounced in excitement, seeing the ground so close. I felt his fingers loosen on me, letting me off. Once my feet touched the ground, I bolted. They watched me run, Dash stood. Kent almost went after me but Dash threw his arm out to stop him.
Giving me a head start? Like I need it! I'm going hom- I smacked into something with strong force, falling backwards onto the ground.

Kent burst out with laughter, unable to control it.
"That's not funny! She could really be hurt!" Dash hit his brother.

I looked ahead, what did I hit? A tree? I laid my head back into the dirt again, feeling a little dizzy. My forehead took most of the blow. I felt a weird sensation in it, but then I heard movement. I looked up from my laying down position to see Dash. He got down and brought his hands closer.

No! I tried to get up and run but just fell over instead. That tree really did a number on me, I felt so light headed. I was on my hands and knees. Dash easily grabbed me, gently pulling me off the ground. I could tell that Dash was far more respectful than Kent. Kent seemed a little careless when Dash was so gentle.
I wanted to fight him, but at that point, that'll have to wait. I'll try again later then.

"Are you okay?" Dash asked me like a worried Mother, pulling me in front of his face. My head was bowed down, he set a finger under my chin and pushed it up to get a better view.

He winced at the sight of my forehead. "Yeah, no more of that. We don't need you getting hurt anymore."

I tried to swat his finger away. "I'm not hurt!"

"That cut on your forehead says otherwise." He headed for the front door of the building. But it made me wonder, what's gonna take place behind these doors? What is gonna happen to me?