Chapter Eleven

"Kent? Dash?!"

"Help! No! This can't happen!"

The voices swirled around in my head, seeming to be merging together and making them difficult to even understand anymore. The voices sounded like me though, sounding distressed. I tossed and turned, gripping the blankets tight to me. It felt like something was hitting my arm.

"Mavis." Another voice came into my mind to join the collage of other voices.  "Mavis? Mavis, wake up!"

I jump started awake, jumping up to a sitting position. Travis sat crouched down in front of me. "Are you okay?"

I was surprised to find him here, but I just shook my head. "No no, I'm fine. Just a nightmare is all."

"What was it about?" He tilted his head.

I shook my head again, not so sure how to answer that so I decided not to.

"Was it about them?" He pointed behind him, to the door. Mostly referring to Dash and Kent.

I just scratched my head, Honestly I was not too sure. I just felt fear. "I guess it was, I'm not too sure. But what are you doing in here?" I snapped back into what I should be asking him.

"That means you don't belong here." He told me sternly, like he ignored me all together. "But lets go."

"Where are we going?" My eyes followed him as he stood up.

He looked down to me. "Home, were getting out." He walked to the nightstand to the set of stairs.

"Home? How are you planning on getting out?"

He stopped and turned back quickly to look at me. "What? Do you want to stay here forever as a prisoner?" He snapped at me.

With him saying that, I glanced around, then jumped up to follow him to his bedroom. We got in and immediately, he shut the door. He grabbed my wrist. "Come on." He tugged me over to the other side of the room where a floor lamp stood, next to a window. With locks on it if I might add.

"So, what's the plan?" I broke the silence, curious what he wants me to do. What have I not thought of yet to get out.

"Were breaking the window." He said with confidence.

"Breaking the window? Are you kidding me?! If you haven't noticed, that makes sound. Like, A LOT of sound. They will hear it and come running!" I exclaimed. "We will get caught."

"Not if we get out fast enough."

"Okay then, smart guy." I sat my hands on my hips. " How do we get down? Do you have any idea how big of a fall that would be? We would break our necks."

"That's why we have rope."

"Where'd you get rope from?" I kept coming up with more things to ask just as fast as he was coming up with answers.

"From one of the bed rooms."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Okay, so you basically just made it impossible for someone to get into their room?"

"Do you want to get out of here or not?! Or do you want me to leave you so you can become just like them and lose your freedom?"

I scoffed at him. "Fine, let's do it." I unfolded my arms,  taking a few steps closer to the lamp, looking up at it.

"Okay, we need to push it over." He sat his hands onto it at the same time I did. We put all of our muscle into it, it wobbled, it leaned and finally it leaned too far to the side and down it went. It smacked into the window, shattering it. The loud sound rang out through the halls.