Chapter Thirty-Six

Making it back to the house, once inside and up the set of stairs that were at the door, Kent sat me back down to the ground.
"Mavis!"

I turned to where I had heard the voice but got tackled in a hug.
I patted Maddie's back while she hugged onto me.
I looked up, seeing Riley and Kaitlin walking up.
"What happened to your lip?" Riley asked, pointing to his lip.

"Guess who I ran into." I grumbled.

"Don't tell me.." Riley dropped his arms by his sides.

I nodded my head to confirm. "These guys don't take a hint."
Maddie finally let go of me.

"Speaking of which, I'll help you with tha-"

"I got it." I cut Dash off, walking away.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"This," I pointed to my cut. "Is nothing. There's not much that can be done. I'll take it from here." I turned back, walking away.
I know Dash just likes to help and sometimes he goes overboard with helping, such as giving me that type of cream or whatever it was for a bruise when you can just put like ice on it or just wait it out for it to heal. But really, for a cut lip, I'll survive.

I headed for the bathroom area, upon entering, I grabbed tissues or whichever and dabbed at my lip to clean off the little bit of blood. I heard the door open and close.

Looking up in the mirror, I saw Riley's reflection.
He got next to the sink.
"Sooo, what happened?"

I rolled my eyes at the memory, getting a new tissue piece to stop the slow paced bleeding.
"Nothing much, they showed up, they about tossed everything out of my book bag, Ryan hit me, and they," I pointed out the door to this time refer to Dash and Kent. "Got involved."
I dabbed at my lip again, seeing small dots of blood on the white tissue. I looked up in the mirror, seeing no more blood. I tossed the tissue away.
"About lost half my stuff. We got most of it, but some papers got destroyed or lost." I set my hands on the sink.

"It's okay, the teachers will replace what you lost. I don't think that'll be a problem."

"Yeah but that's not even my main concern, that's not my biggest problem." I started to pace back and forth.
"Dash and Kent both has been busy in the human realm, talking to the judge or whoever! I do not know. Lately sometimes, it's been running a little late. I can't go through the portal by myself, and I don't want to keep having to wait on them. I don't know whenever are they going to be done with having to attend these little meetings but I don't need another incident like today to happen again."

"I feel ya, I really do. Then I'll wait out with you. Me and Kaitlin will both walk up there with you to wait." Riley offered.

"No," I shook my head. "I don't want to be the reason to hold any of you back."

"It's not a problem, really. But maybe though, maybe you can just wait in the court house to wait for them to finish up. It'll keep you away from that future criminal gang and you'll be around a bunch of eyes to be sure nothing happens."

I stopped pacing, turning to face him.
"Yeah.. but I would feel a little awkward just walking in if they're in the middle of a meeting."

"I don't think it'll be as bad as you're imagining. They would understand. Talk to Dash about it, you know he would do what he can to help." Riley brushed his hair out of his eyes, leaning on the wall.

I groaned, leaning my head back. "I need to learn to go through that thing myself." I lifted my head back, pointing my hand to Riley. "Did it take you this long to get use to it?"