Chapter Twenty- Eight

Kids ran, played. Throwing a ball back and forth, tackling each other just for the heck of it at this point. I sat on the ground, in the shade of the trees. I leaned back onto a tree, having my knees bent but feet on ground. I plucked some grass from the ground, ripping them up or tying knots into them out of boredom.

The two brothers decided to let all the kids play outside and pretty much do whatever we wanted. I on the other hand, had nothing to do. Except with pretty much play with whatever was around me. Dash was not far from me, just a few feet away, trying what he could to be in the shade as well. Kent was actually out in the field, playing with the younger kids. Mostly he was on his knees, playing with them as easily as he could.

I tied another knot into the blade of grass, being the third knot. I breathed, giving it a small yank where that one piece snapped into two. I let it fall from my fingers, looking off to the other kids playing.

Dash looked almost in my direction, but more behind me. Off into the distance.
His eyebrows narrowed, glaring. What was he looking at? I turned my body to look behind me. Seeing the group of boys I use to see everyday, run off like they were scared. Dropping whatever they had, it hit the ground with a thud. They were probably planning something....... Then, Dash must have heard them.. Was he trying to protect me?

I looked back up to the dark haired giant, almost like I was expecting him to say something.
When they ran off and he was sure they were gone, his brown eyes went back down to me when he felt my stare. He leaned more back onto the tree, looking away like nothing happened.

I sat back, my eyes fell back down onto my hand with the bandage wrapped around it. I rubbed my thumb over it.

"That should be healed by now," Dash broke the silence. I looked up automatically when he spoke. He scooted closer, bringing up his hands. "Let me see."

I gave him my hand which he gently took into his left hand. As easily as possible, he began to unwrap the bandage. Cool air hit it, giving it the feeling I haven't felt for a little while since I had it put on. He pulled it off, still showing the line of the cut, but healed. My hand now had that weird feeling after you take a bandage off that you had on for a while. Felt more loose, less restricted. 

"Healed up nicely." He took his hands back.

"Is it going to scar?" I asked, looking it over.

"Um, I don't think it should. It will just take a little more time to go away since it was kind of deep." He scratched the back of his head. "But if it does, it shouldn't be anything bad."

Great.. I ran a finger over it, feeling the strange texture of it.
A thought came to mind.
"Hey um, what were those boys going to do?" I randomly asked, but I kind of wanted to know what he heard.

His expression dropped, he leaned back onto his tree. He was quiet for a little while to the point I thought he wasn't going to answer me. I bowed my head, maybe it was stupid for me to ask?

"One of them was going to throw something at you." He finally said blankly, seemingly like he was annoyed. Did I annoy him asking?

"One of them?" I kinda pushed it by asking, plus it's normally all of them. When one wants to pick, they all jump in.

"The others were telling him not to, one of them apparently did not want to listen." He looked down to his hands.

That's out of the ordinary for them to tell another not to do something when dealing with me. Was it because Dash was here? Most likely.

I almost smiled out of amusement. They're scared of him.
How most of the group was debating against throwing anything and all it took was one glare from him to send them running. It was kind of funny to me, how they always acted all big and bad before, now this. But what if there's one of those moments that Dash is not around, would they do something then? With the risk that Dash would find out? Would they really test him like that? I wonder how would that work out.

"Don't have to worry, I won't let them touch you." He muttered, staring at the ground.

I stared at him for a moment. Dash was a little hard to understand sometimes. Thinking a little back, he cared about me even when I really hated him. I made it pretty obvious to him that I did not like him. Yet, he still showed me respect and never snapped at me or anything. He kept his cool and remained calm no matter what. No matter how much I fought him, he was calm. I would assume it was because he had sympathy for me? Maybe? I wouldn't actually know. It was amazing how something so big could be so gentle.