Chapter Tweleve

"So, how about that stunt you pulled last night. What talked you into doing something that reckless?"

I puffed out my checks, tucking my hands into my pockets. "I don't know." I groaned, scratching my head. "Travis got me into it. He said some things that kinda encouraged me to do it and if I can just add to put on record, it was his idea to break the window and he was the one that was really pushing the lamp over. Deep down I was still a little unsure when-"

"You still did it." Riley laughed. "Don't try to get out of it, you still helped him break the window."

I gave a half smile, sitting on the floor in the rectangular room, under the long tables.

"How mad was Dash?"

"Pfft," I shook my head with wide eyes. "He seemed kinda pissed.."

"How bad did it freak you out?" He started laughing.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I wasn't scared." I looked away.

"Oh that's a nice lie, how about you tell me the truth." He tapped me, making me look back.

"Okay then, how about that kinda freaked me out. I never seen him like that, he's normally more respectful isn't he?"

"He is, don't piss him off. But he normally handles his anger or frustration really well. He has to anyways, being near us. Just don't make it worse. Just ride it out until he calms down." Riley informed me, leaning back onto the wall.

"Hi Mavis," Travis ran over, then glanced down to Riley, frowning. "Riley.."

"Hi.." I greeted a little unsure.

"You up for another plan?" He smiled a little in a mischievous way.

"Oh lord." Riley got up quickly, grabbing my arm to pull me up as well. "None of us needs to take part in your little plans, Travis." Riley walked past him.

But Travis grabbed my arm while Riley held onto the other. "You can't speak for her! She's her own person." Travis tugged me back, but Riley held a grip onto my arm.

"It's not like I'm saying she's not her own person and can't make her own decisions. I'm trying to keep her out of trouble, like a true friend would." Riley pulled me out of Travis's grip.

"Mavis!" The black haired boy called after me, I snapped my attention to him, stopping in my tracks.

"You really want to stay here now and become one of the mindless kids? What happened to your taste for freedom?"
I couldn't really answer him, nor did I know how to or what to respond with. I was a bit unsure.

He continued on. "Dash and Kent are kidnappers! Don't lose your mind or what you wanted before. They just run through our world, taking whoever they pleased, Without any of their consent. They don't want to hear our opinion, what we think. They won't let us go, were trapped here, Mavis! Don't you see it? I mean, I'm sure you did at first before you got Stockholm syndrome. Don't get attached."

I stared at him, unsure of what to say back to his statement. Riley began to pull me away and to the door while I kept my eyes on Travis.

"Remember last night? When he got mad? He was mad that we didn't fall for his tricks and that we were trying to get out. Doesn't seem so respectful and great now does he?!"